Always hungry...and feel sick

Options
2»

Replies

• 111grace
    111grace Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    It happened to me this evening, 2 dinners later, & I realized I did more exercise, I think the body tries to compensate for the energy used, sort of like a car and petrol tank.
  • camillemarielee
    camillemarielee Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    sanjay5674 wrote: »
    Cute baby - any chance you're pregnant?

This! OP, any chance of pregnancy? I had heartburn really early on with my pregnancies, and obviously nausea and increased hunger can be early signs too.

• MamaBirdBoss
    MamaBirdBoss Posts: 1,516 Member
    Options
    lisah180 wrote: »
    A normal meal for me is for example this morning I had 1.5 cup of kashi go lean cereal and a cup of blueberries with1/2 cup milk and black coffee. Lunch was a stuffed pepper from last nights dinner and strawberries.. I am planning on a apple with a tbs of peanut butter before my run this afternoon..and not sure what dinner is going to be yet

The volume of this seems small. Sheer bulk may be an issue....

I've been up since 4AM. Breakfast was half cup of oatmeal (I've checked that I'm not over-measuring) and a half ounce of raisins before my run.

Lunch was half cup of fruit compote, baked ziti (about 2/3 cup), and a grilled cheese sandwich (VERY light on butter and with only .5 oz cheese).

Snack #1 was 4oz Greek yogurt, fake sweetener, and 2.7oz blackberries...and that was under 100 calories compared to about 150 for your snack.

I am going to hit a burn of around 2400 today, so I'm aiming to eat close to 1400 cal rather than 1200. But even overcounting the ziti (because I'm too lazy to build a recipe for it--mine had skim milk and low-fat ricotta, so I'm overestimating the calories), I'm only at 870 calories so far.
  • pwh300
    pwh300 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    pwh300 wrote: »
    I did the same let MFP pick my calorie intake to lose weight. Mine is 1000 to 1200 a day.

I agree go to the Dr's

MFP won't recommend under 1200, so where did the 1000 come from?

I just updated my #'s on MFp...this is what it says 1,189 calories/day...So FYI...it does recommend under 1200.
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    I did the same let MFP pick my calorie intake to lose weight. Mine is 1000 to 1200 a day.

I agree go to the Dr's

MFP won't recommend under 1200, so where did the 1000 come from?

I just updated my #'s on MFp...this is what it says 1,189 calories/day...So FYI...it does recommend under 1200.

Was it on the mobile app? Because there was a glitch for a long time that would routinely recommend under 1,200.
  • lisah180
    lisah180 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Def not pregnant, I do have a dr apt coming up so I will def mention this. Maybe if I eat every few hrs break up lunch and breakfast into halves??
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    lisah180 wrote: »
    ok so...I've been on here awhile and down about 20 pds (have another 40 or so to go) anyways...lately I've been finding I'm constantly hungry. I will eat a good breakfast and be hungry 1.5 to 2 hours later. It doesn't matter if I eat protein..carbs..fats.. etc either way I'm hungry. And it continues all day. It's really just sheer will power to not go over my calories. And I'm set to lose 1 pd a week. I'm kind of at a loss here..if I don't eat either because I'm waiting for lunch/dinner time or just busy and can't I end up feeling sick..nauseous and heartburn when I do eat.
    Any ideas on overcoming this or what could be causing it would be greatly appreciated!!!
    Thank you!!!

If you're hungry at certain intervals, then eat. I lost 44 pounds eating six times a day, and have been maintaining for a year and a half doing the same thing.

That said, what is your calorie allowance? With only 40 to go, I would suggest having your goals set to lose 1 pounds a week, then when you only have 20-25 pounds left, .5 pounds a week.