cals in tims ice coffee?

Options
BetesBitch
BetesBitch Posts: 234 Member
Can't figure out how many cals and if any carbs in small tims ice coffee with no beverage base and just cream and 2 splenda. Pls help. I wanna be accurate as hell on my logging! Thx

Replies

• BetesBitch
    Options
    Yes but not for my special drink....it doesn't specify how much cream is put into an ice coffee and we dont know if it's less or more cream when they omit the beverage base.
  • dinosaurparty
    dinosaurparty Posts: 185 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    If you're ordering a drink you basically invented, they probably don't have guidelines for the amounts used. It could differ based on who is making your drink. That said, I would assume that additional ice or coffee is used to make up for the space left when you take out the beverage base.

Also, you're talking about just coffee, ice, cream and splenda, and not an iced cap, right?

A small iced drink at tims is 10oz, I think. So you probably have about 10 calories from the espresso, maybe 40 to 80 from the cream, as I'd assume they wouldn't add more than 2tbsp for a small drink. Splenda has a carb per serving, too.

So 3 to 4 carbs, and 90 calories, if I'm imagining your drink right. Maybe round up just in case.

To be safe, you can always just specify that you want one cream or whatever. They just use the little single serving cups of it, so that's easy enough to control.
  • dinosaurparty
    Options
    Reading back I might have totally messed up your drink. Are you ordering cream over ice with splenda?
  • BetesBitch
    Options
    Reading back I might have totally messed up your drink. Are you ordering cream over ice with splenda?
    Just coffee, cream and splenda with ice

• dinosaurparty
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Cool! Then yeah, it's probably only got about 80 calories and 4 carbs tops. If you specify exactly how much cream you want, you can track it a little better. Better yet, you can always just get the cream on the side and add it yourself to be super exact.
  • BetesBitch
    Options
    Cool! Then yeah, it's probably only got about 80 calories and 4 carbs tops. If you specify exactly how much cream you want, you can track it a little better. Better yet, you can always just get the cream on the side and add it yourself to be super exact.
    Super idea thx!
  • apparations
    apparations Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Yup I would just log that as a small coffee with two creams.
  • bclarke1990
    bclarke1990 Posts: 287 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Each cream in their coffee is ~70 cals so base it off that

Each splenda pack has 4 cals too btw so if you're adding 4-5 make sure to consider that
  • BetesBitch
    Options

Each splenda pack has 4 cals too btw so if you're adding 4-5 make sure to consider that
    oh my goddness! Should i really be adding up splenda too? I use it in greek yogurt every day and in 1-2:coffees a day....

• bclarke1990
    Options
    BetesBitch wrote: »

oh my goddness! Should i really be adding up splenda too? I use it in greek yogurt every day and in 1-2:coffees a day....

If you're using 3-4 packets a day then 12-16 calories isn't going to make or break you. For a while I was drinking 3-4 cups of tea a day with 4-5 packets in each, though, so without realizing I was probably taking in ~100+ calories a day from splenda between my oatmeal, greek yogurt, drinks, etc.
  • BetesBitch
    Options

If you're using 3-4 packets a day then 12-16 calories isn't going to make or break you. For a while I was drinking 3-4 cups of tea a day with 4-5 packets in each, though, so without realizing I was probably taking in ~100+ calories a day from splenda between my oatmeal, greek yogurt, drinks, etc.
    Frig! I dump splenda from big bag into greek yogurt once or twice a day....and spoon it out into coffees fakkkkkk
  • BetesBitch
    Options
    Actually the "splenda" i use is great value brand and it says 0 calories
  • DataSeven
    DataSeven Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I would say if it's just plain coffee on ice with a cream and 2 spenda, then just count it like a hot coffee with the same.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Actually the "splenda" i use is great value brand and it says 0 calories

If it is under 5 calories they can list it as 0 even if it really isn't.

• bclarke1990
    edited July 2015
    Options
    If you look at the package it will usually say 1g of carbohydrates, which means it is 4 calories and they round down. I believe Truvia uses ethritol, a sugar alcohol which is less than 4 calories per gram. I believe each packet is 1 calorie. Stevia is more expensive but I think each packet is less than 1 calorie also