Whats in your packed lunch (or take to work box)

Options
2»

Replies

• norahwynn
    norahwynn Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    My lunches vary except for 1 thing. I'm so not a lover of salads! If I do like a salad, it's usually the kind that ends up being bad for you by the end of putting it all together, so I don't bother.

I've become partial to lettuce wraps though. Go figure.

I also like homemade soups, steamed fish and vegetables, tuna salad or egg salad w/ crackers, and one of my latest favorites has been a grilled chicken breast either roughly chopped or shredded, about a tbsp of salsa and topped with low fat/calorie shredded cheddar cheese. Thrown in the microwave for a bit till the cheese melts. It's super good!
  • ECTexan
    ECTexan Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I made a big batch of chicken & veggie soup on Sunday and split it up for lunches every day this week. I also bring some kind of fruit and a greek yogurt or Fiber One brownie. Usually comes out around 400 calories.
  • itstartswithastep
    Options
    Ooh looks good, Brunch bars are my LIFE haha:) My lunch varies day to day, and I always make it the night before, or if not the morning. I come home for lunch but only have an hour or so and then I have to shoot off, so getting food together and doing any work/housework that needs to be done usually complicates everthing. I also find if I pack my lunch I have no excuse to eat rubbish as its already there. Tomorrow (which I've just packed just now) consists of a 'salad', basically cut up lettuce, cucumber and tomatoes in lemon juice. This is the main stuff, big portion, and I really just love vegetables. I then have butter beans and cut up pastrami in a pot, and in another Moroccan style couscous which is so good! I also have a big fruit salad pack I bought from the supermarket which I can eat afterwards. All in all mfp calculates it at 372 calories!