What do you do when

Options
You want a super crazy unhealthy meal?

Let's hypothetically say it's a Chipotle burrito and chips. Which would average out to like...uh...ball park...1k calories.

Replies

• abatonfan
    abatonfan Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    I pre-log it into my day and fit the rest of my meals around the food that I want. I did it today with my Texas Roadhouse dinner (about 800-900 Calories). I pre-logged the meal, had a lighter breakfast and lunch, and have a good 400-500-ish Calories left for a bedtime snack after adding in exercise.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    If it's a rare treat then just do it, log it and move on. If not, I make sure it fits my calories, so I'd more likely have it on a workout day and eat less for the rest of the day to stay under my calorie goal. "Unhealthy" isn't a terrible thing and allowing yourself to eat a bit of everything will make eating in a deficit much more achievable long term.
  • PixelPuff
    PixelPuff Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    I'd plan around it. For instance, I plan for 200 calories of chocolate during each day of 'shark week'.

Yesterday, I said screw the diet at a BBQ festival, and ate a ton. Mac n' cheese w/ brisket sampler, pork sampler, BBQ pork street taco, smoked bacon ice cream, HUGE waffle cone of soft serve... I'm so happy I only had a salad for lunch, you don't even know. And while I most likely went over my 1200, hey... I'm down for the week! [And also woke up at my lowest weight for years, by about 4lbs from day before, confused the crap outta me]
  • Lizrobin3108
    Lizrobin3108 Posts: 102 Member
    Options

1.) You can save up some calories everyday for a "big" meal. Somed people call them pocket calories
    2.) Eat a smaller breakfast/lunch
    3.) Eat it, enjoy, log it. Move on. One meal isn't going to destroy everything.
  • ohmscheeks
    ohmscheeks Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    I either (1) eat it and try to "make up" for it later or (2) I just stay at home (or work). I salute people who can go out and eat within their calories. However, I am not to be trusted. :)
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    I will usually make it fit. Then I try to only eat half at a time.
  • mgonyer123
    mgonyer123 Posts: 74 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Well I just looked at its actually 1500 calories and I'm only alloted 1290 for the whole day :o
  • PixelPuff
    PixelPuff Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    ohmscheeks wrote: »
    I either (1) eat it and try to "make up" for it later or (2) I just stay at home (or work). I salute people who can go out and eat within their calories. However, I am not to be trusted. :)
    I know that feel. I'm not to be trusted at a Chinese buffet.
  • ssingley13
    ssingley13 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Most places serve huge portions too... if possible, eat half. :wink:
  • whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    Tweak that Chipotle burrito to have fewer calories and skip the chips. The chips are huge in calories. For the burrito, have either rice or beans, not both. Have guacamole OR sour cream, not both. Loose the cheese if you can. Choose steak or barbacoa over carnitas (carnitas has the most calories). Stuff like that. No way should you eat 1500 calories for one meal.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Make it fit into your allotment. May need to add some exercise to earn the difference, but it can be done.
  • pstegman888
    pstegman888 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    whmscll wrote: »
    Tweak that Chipotle burrito to have fewer calories and skip the chips. The chips are huge in calories. For the burrito, have either rice or beans, not both. Have guacamole OR sour cream, not both. Loose the cheese if you can. Choose steak or barbacoa over carnitas (carnitas has the most calories). Stuff like that. No way should you eat 1500 calories for one meal.

And make it a Burrito Salad instead of the regular Burrito. Load it with veggies & salsa for flavor. Enjoy!

• PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    mgonyer123 wrote: »
    You want a super crazy unhealthy meal?

Let's hypothetically say it's a Chipotle burrito and chips. Which would average out to like...uh...ball park...1k calories.

So how does that make it unhealthy? I see it just being rather calorie dense. You could either exercise to get exercise cals to help fit the meal, break the meal up into portions for two days, or figure out how to make it fit into a weekly goal (where you may be lower in other days to even out the overall week).
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,739 Member
    Options
    whmscll wrote: »

And make it a Burrito Salad instead of the regular Burrito. Load it with veggies & salsa for flavor. Enjoy!

Both of these! It doesn't have to be all or nothing... not for most things.
  • Patttience
    Patttience Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    I would ask myself why i want to do something like that? IF i wanted to do something like that, then i've got a mood issue or maybe i've my diet has been too strict.
  • mgonyer123
    Options
    Because chipotle is amazing?

So how does one save up calories throughout the week? Does that really work?
  • mgonyer123
    Options
    I used to go every Friday. But since changing my lifestyle I haven't went. I don't want to eat it every week again but I've been thinking about figuring out a way to enjoy it once a month or so.
  • AbsoluteTara79
    AbsoluteTara79 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Chipotle has a great nutrition calculator. Do a bowl or salad and skip sour cream and cheese and it will be very reasonable, calorie-wise.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Drop the tortilla. I get a bowl from there often at under 500 calories (due to half a serving of rice and no beans). And if I still have room, I'll get the chips (those are pretty calorie heavy too).
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Eat half the burrito- share it or save half for tomorrow. Skip the chips.
    Eat the whole burrito and have a maintenance calorie day. Skip the chips.
    Choose something else that fits your goal better.