Replies

• BigBrewski
    BigBrewski Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    demotivational-poster-fen8sm2oxb-BATMAN-VS-SUPERMAN.jpg
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    Why must one kill the other? Why can't they just love each other? Love is much hotter than killing. :smile: :heart:

cdd2decb-9ffe-4ee1-b2a3-8499ca630729_zps72246d86.jpg

Gay superman and batman? Ambiguously Gay Duo?
    tumblr_lnq4nxNLz41qeliv2o1_500.gif
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    Superman knows Batman has the kyrptonite so why would Superman ever get near him? supes could just hover around using his xray vision...locate Batman...then kill him with a laser or throw a tungsten rod at him at 10,000 kph.

the comics make it a close fight so that its interesting...real world superman wins easy.
  • Tat2dDom0105
    Tat2dDom0105 Posts: 661
    Options
    Some of you nerds might appreciate this.

I know I do!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMhreKFJA-I
  • coolraul07
    coolraul07 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    If Superman pusses out by using surprise, super-speed, or distance attacks, obviously he wins. If Batman sees the attack coming, he wins.

Facts:
    • Superman relies WAAAAYYYY too much on his invulnerability. He takes for granted that he can survive an attack to counter whereas Batman doesn't have that luxury. That would lead to Supes' downfall because rather than dodging an attack he'll let it hit him assuming that it won't stop him. That cockiness and lack of urgency would be his downfall.
    • Batman is an OCD-level proactive thinker. Every incarnation that I've seen has created contingency plan to take out any member of the JLA should they go rough. Even for Superman, he has multiple ways to take him out. Of course, (green) Kryptonite is the obvious choice, but many people either forget or don't know about Supes other weaknesses (see next bullet). I'm sure that Batman has contingencies already in place to use those as well.
    • All Kryptonians are vulnerable to red solar energy (RSE). Although it doesn't harm/kill them, a strong enough source of (RSE) can instantly block their absorption/storage of the yellow solar energy that gives them super powers; thus, depowering them down to base-level human. In one story, Batman created a "wrist watch" like device that would do exactly that.
    • All Kryptonians are vulnerable to magic and dimension/reality-altering attacks. That's why he has always has trouble with Mister Mxyzptlk and why he has been bested by Captain Marvel ('Shazam') more that once. I'm sure that Batman has a few magical daggers/batarangs hidden somewhere that he can shove up Supes @$$ as a last resort.

^^^ ... yes, I've had this conversation before. #Meme #DealWithIt
    tumblr_static_king_of_nerds.gif
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    Why must one kill the other? Why can't they just love each other? Love is much hotter than killing. :smile: :heart:

cdd2decb-9ffe-4ee1-b2a3-8499ca630729_zps72246d86.jpg

That's hot
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    superman-vs-batman.jpg
  • Markguns
    Markguns Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    If Superman pusses out by using surprise, super-speed, or distance attacks, obviously he wins. If Batman sees the attack coming, he wins.

Facts:
    • Superman relies WAAAAYYYY too much on his invulnerability. He takes for granted that he can survive an attack to counter whereas Batman doesn't have that luxury. That would lead to Supes' downfall because rather than dodging an attack he'll let it hit him assuming that it won't stop him. That cockiness and lack of urgency would be his downfall.
    • Batman is an OCD-level proactive thinker. Every incarnation that I've seen has created contingency plan to take out any member of the JLA should they go rough. Even for Superman, he has multiple ways to take him out. Of course, (green) Kryptonite is the obvious choice, but many people either forget or don't know about Supes other weaknesses (see next bullet). I'm sure that Batman has contingencies already in place to use those as well.
    • All Kryptonians are vulnerable to red solar energy (RSE). Although it doesn't harm/kill them, a strong enough source of (RSE) can instantly block their absorption/storage of the yellow solar energy that gives them super powers; thus, depowering them down to base-level human. In one story, Batman created a "wrist watch" like device that would do exactly that.
    • All Kryptonians are vulnerable to magic and dimension/reality-altering attacks. That's why he has always has trouble with Mister Mxyzptlk and why he has been bested by Captain Marvel ('Shazam') more that once. I'm sure that Batman has a few magical daggers/batarangs hidden somewhere that he can shove up Supes @$$ as a last resort.

^^^ ... yes, I've had this conversation before. #Meme #DealWithIt
    tumblr_static_king_of_nerds.gif

Yup the first line... Fries him with heat vision! :bigsmile: Personally I go with Dr Strange to take em all out. :wink:
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    16826.jpg
  • Maidofmer
    Maidofmer Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    batman. didn't read the OP's post i'll admit, but batman kicks supermans *kitten*
  • emmythedagger
    emmythedagger Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I'm going to be THAT girl and say Dean Winchester FTW. Come on! With Castiel on his side, and Sam the demon brother, Dean can defeat ANYTHING including Superman and Batman.

*waits for backlash*
  • Sqeekyjojo
    Sqeekyjojo Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    nerd thread.

113011-revenge-of-the-nerds.jpg

In for my peer group.

By the way, has anyone else had a pub conversation/outright row about Superman's family planning issues?

The problem: Superman is so powerful that only Kryptonite can weaken him. Except for with the light issue. Therefore, in the context of a dark 'place', he would need a Kryptonite condom.

The argument:

#1: The Kryptonite condom would work. He and WW could be happy without lots of little flying babies to have to deal with.

#2: The Kryptonite condom wouldn't work, because it would take away his strength and therefore his ability to perform.

#3: We should stop talking about such stuff in public, drink less and potentially allow ourselves to be mistaken for normal human beings by members of the opposite sex.
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    I'm going to be THAT girl and say Dean Winchester FTW. Come on! With Castiel on his side, and Sam the demon brother, Dean can defeat ANYTHING including Superman and Batman.

*waits for backlash*

No backlash here...simply "In" for the triple whammy of hotness...

dean-sam-and-castiel-supernatural-adventures-in-the-world-of-darknes-16723254-600-347.jpg
  • EDollah
    EDollah Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    It's purely a matter of how the fight is set up. Basically whoever gets the jump on the other would win. Bruce and Clark both implicitly trust each other so during some conversation about how bummed they are about their dead parents, whoever decided to attack the other would win. If someone marks a date on a calendar and says "fight to the death at 7:30 pm" then advantage Batman, who can defeat basically anybody with enough preparation, and he does have a plan to take down Superman, he has a plan to deal with all the Justice League actually.
  • emmythedagger
    emmythedagger Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    It's purely a matter of how the fight is set up. Basically whoever gets the jump on the other would win. Bruce and Clark both implicitly trust each other so during some conversation about how bummed they are about their dead parents, whoever decided to attack the other would win. If someone marks a date on a calendar and says "fight to the death at 7:30 pm" then advantage Batman, who can defeat basically anybody with enough preparation, and he does have a plan to take down Superman, he has a plan to deal with all the Justice League actually.

Nice argument. I'm sticking with this guy. He knows what he's talking about!
  • zombiesama
    zombiesama Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    I think Thor drops in and drops the hammer on both.

Thor = puny god.

tumblr_mezziihXKP1rn7qflo1_500.gif

ETA: Cliffsointolint only got his posted before mine because he didn't include a pithy comment. :grumble:

Lets not even pretend the Hulk is tougher than Thor.

Even wolverine kills him :P
    Old man Logan arc
  • fannyfrost
    fannyfrost Posts: 756 Member
    Options

*waits for backlash*

Dean Winchester rocks, but he is afraid of flying so superman could cause some issues.
  • mustang289
    mustang289 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Its kinda a moo point, 'cause Superman is just a made-up comic book hero, whereas everyone knows Batman is fer real.
  • Mr_Excitement
    Mr_Excitement Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    Everyone knows the only person who can beat Superman is the other surviving Kryptonian (and Superman's neighbor), Santa Claus.
  • Bucky83
    Bucky83 Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options
    Wait wait wait....are we talking DC comics or Marvel comics?

People shouldn't be confusing the two together!

Yes, I'm a proud nerd.

By the way, Marvel FTW.