Oil

Options
prisan512
prisan512 Posts: 38 Member
June 17, 2013 1:39 pm
Hello MFP!
I've been on here for quite some time now and love what it has done for me. I have made new friends and have decided to commit to changing for the better.
As everyone knows, and many people are going through, times are tough. My husbands been on and off of work for over a year now and he knows what he wants to do, just that we may need a little help to get his foot in the door.

He has been fascinated with the oil rig work and has been doing research, as well as I have, and we know its dangerous and very hard work. He understands this and has been working as a laborer for over 10 years so he understands what hard work is. We know jobs aren't near us in NJ, so we are looking to relocate as well.

I'm reaching out to MFP and all its members, to find out if anyone on here works at an oil rig, or knows of anyone, so that he can communicate with them and hopefully have them as a referral in their company. Reason I say this is because there are many openings, as they say, but its more about who you know rather than what you know.
If anyone can give me tips, advice, referral information, we would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance!

Priscilla :-)

Replies

• Lovdiamnd
    Lovdiamnd Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Anyone in my neck of the woods. Midland, TX is the fasted growing city in the nation right now with the lowest unemployment in the nation. OIL is MONEY and we are booming right now. Look for jobs in Midland/Odessa. Ugly and hot west Texas but money is growing on the trees here right now!