20 pounds, woohoo!

Options
heathergetshealthier
heathergetshealthier Posts: 28 Member
edited July 2015 in Success Stories
So, I've been working hard since April to eat a more healthy and lower calorie diet (no more grazing on cookies!), and have been getting regular physical activity - almost daily. I aim for 11,000 steps per day on my Fitbit, and am jogging 2+ times a week. I bike at least once a week, and swim a few times (leisure, not laps). I have been doing a bunch of yard maintenance (including cutting down trees!) which has been pretty high intensity. I just started weight training last week.

Since April, I have lost 20 pounds. I feel great about myself, and have more energy than I did before. I have an autoimmune disorder (ankylosing spondylitis), and staying fit is one of the ways to maintain function as the disease progresses.

All this to say...Yay! Small steps and perseverance, not aiming for perfection but good enough, and recognizing maladaptive patterns early has been my key to success. Another 20 pounds to go, with a goal to reach this in the fall. Can't wait to buy some funky patterned tights to get me through winter as I will finally fit into them!

Pictures show where I started, one month in, and now! (sorry for the picture quality, low lighting in the bathroom where I can take full body selfies!)

jt2fo7tyji5j.jpgqe5bptrhoj4y.jpgjfghqnzuqtrr.jpg

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!