jcraig10 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I usually use oatmeal
  • MsWeightlift
    MsWeightlift Posts: 3 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    pinafabs wrote: »
    Just using banana and egg is low calorie and high in protein! 1 banana to two eggs. It and blend well. Fry in coconut oil!

Yes! These are so yummy and are very low in calories, compared to other pancakes!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    mccindy72 wrote: »
    again, what does anyone have against a good old fashioned pancake?

Just high calorie and not filling, sadly, lol.
  • catch_me_ifu_can
    catch_me_ifu_can Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Banana Protein Pancakes serves 2 very hungry people

1 cup of rolled oats, ground
    1 large ripe banana
    4 egg whites (or just 2 whole eggs)
    1 scoop of protein powder (we use vanilla most times, chocolate is great too!)
    dash of cinnamon
    1/2 tsp of vanilla extract
    almond milk as needed (or any milk)
    about 1/2 cup of blueberries (optional)
    oil or spray for cooking

Grind the oats in a food processor, blender, magic bullet, whatever you have, until fine. I just use my stick blender.

Transfer the oats to a bowl and add the protein and cinnamon and mix, then set aside. In a separate bowl, mash the banana with a fork, and then add the egg whites and vanilla and mix. Pour the banana mixture into the oat mixture and stir very well. At first it may seem like it won’t mix, but it will! If needed, add the almond milk to thin the batter (you may not have to do this depending on the size of your banana and eggs).

Heat about 1 tsp of oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Make sure the oil gets very hot before you add the batter! Use a ladle to pour the batter into the pan, and if you are using blueberries, add them at this point.

Stack them high and enjoy!! You can top these with organic agave, maple, honey, peanut butter, almond butter, jam, whatever tickles your fancy. We top ours with almond butter!

Clean healthy and delicious!