Why so guilty???

Rawlybabe
Rawlybabe Posts: 16 Member
I have eaten low calories for breakfast and lunch so that I can enjoy some ice-cream at the cinemas!!! I am still within my calories but I feel really guilty??? Does anyone else experience this???

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    It's very common but I don't understand why myself. I may feel ashamed after overeating, but never guilty.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    edited July 2015
    Becayse you need to chill out and stop associating certain foods as good or bad. Its amounts that made you gain weight and not the food itself. If you were logical then youd realise you were eating according to plan and that you will still lose, even if you eat the ice cream. The guilt is understandable but illogical. Its a waste of time.

ps make a point of enjoying your ice cream.
  • Timelordlady85
    Timelordlady85 Posts: 797 Member
    If it fits into your calories then don't feel guilty. I have had ice cream 2 days in a row and still have lost weight. I measure it, enjoy it and move on without any guilty feelings.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Um. No. I feel happy and special when I do that.
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    i never feel guilty if it actually fits and rarely do i even when it doesn't.
  • bmchenry02
    bmchenry02 Posts: 233 Member
    I had pizza cake and ice cream last night but it fit within my day because I knew of it ahead of time. Feel proud you're eating things you enjoy AND its within your goal. That's a step in the right direction already. I only feel "guilty" when I cheat on days there's no room but I pick up the next day and start fresh
  • Azurite27
    Azurite27 Posts: 554 Member
    Feeling guilty about eating something is a sign you're taking the wrong approach to losing weight. You should be focused on making sustainable changes that still allow for the treats you enjoy and indulgences on special occasions.
  • TheBoldCat
    TheBoldCat Posts: 159 Member
    Azurite27 wrote: »
    Feeling guilty about eating something is a sign you're taking the wrong approach to losing weight. You should be focused on making sustainable changes that still allow for the treats you enjoy and indulgences on special occasions.

^^this
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    besaro wrote: »
    i never feel guilty if it actually fits and rarely do i even when it doesn't.

This
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,562 Member
    I have ice cream several times a week. Food should not leave you feeling guilty unless you didn't enjoy it.
  • ohmscheeks
    ohmscheeks Posts: 840 Member
    No...
  • kristydi
    kristydi Posts: 781 Member
    edited July 2015
    You feel guilty because some part of you believes that fat, lazy people eat "bad foods" and good, virtuous, healthy people eat "good foods." And it you eat "bad foods" you're doing something bad and that the food gods will punish you by making you fat.

Sounds ridiculous right?
  • Katzedernacht
    Katzedernacht Posts: 266 Member
    I have such meals on special times,for my cheat meals eh but I don't know if you do any of those.

:3
  • 5krissy
    5krissy Posts: 9 Member
    im cutting and still save some calories for ice cream every day. nothing wrong with it.
    IIFYM. google it.
    there are no bad foods. its the quantity aka calories that make you fat.
  • vinerie
    vinerie Posts: 234 Member
    I wish I was as good as these people posting here, in terms of only eating ice cream and other such food when it fits in calories for the day. I'm not! And yes, I also feel guilty. I'd like to get past that. It's mental, which is a lot harder to fix than simply adjusting ones calorie goals. We will get there!
  • SunnyPacheco
    SunnyPacheco Posts: 142 Member
    5krissy wrote: »
    im cutting and still save some calories for ice cream every day. nothing wrong with it.
    IIFYM. google it.
    there are no bad foods. its the quantity aka calories that make you fat.

Yep! I eat donuts, pop tarts and cereal pretty regularly just to hit my carb goal. If you're staying within your calorie/macro goals there's no reason to feel guilty! You should still enjoy what you eat even if you're trying to lose weight.
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    No. If it fits in with your calorie goal, I'm afraid I don't understand what there is to feel guilty about. Heck, even if it doesn't. There is nothing wrong with treating yourself once in a while.