Are the Sanatorium up and goes bad for weight loss? (they seem to have high sugar content)

Options
I struggle to find time for breakfast due to work, I end up buying up and goes on the way to work - but I found they are not filling for me at all (I end up buying 4) - I suspect that can't be good for weight loss.

I can't find any evidence to suggest good or bad either way, anyone know for sure?

Replies

• echmainfit619
    echmainfit619 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Had to do a Google search on this, the "Sanitarium Up&Go". It doesn't exist in the US.

It appears to be a typical protein/fiber breakfast replacement drink with some vitamins, etc. mixed in. 195 calories per serving.

If it works for you and the calories fit within your limit, go for it.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    http://www.sanitarium.com.au/products/up-and-go/up-and-go/up-and-go-choc-ice

I can see why they aren't filling.
    I don't think one would work for me.
  • kristydi
    kristydi Posts: 781 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I have no idea what up and goes are.

But basically if it fits your calorie goal its fine for weight loss. If it's not filling try something else. Maybe an egg sandwich or hard boiled eggs you make the night before. Greek yogurt and fruit is another popular choice. It's hard to make suggestions without any idea of what your needs are (calorie and macro goal) If you use the search feature you can find lots of threads with breakfast ideas.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    If it's anything like Instant Breakfast, it likely has a lot of sugar, but not enough of anything else to be filling.

Try a breakfast with more protein and more calories.