having trouble and need help

Options
I am 5'4 and weigh 216 pounds. I started my weightloss journey on may 22 and went from 222 to 216 in a week. I believe it was water weight. Ever since then I haven't lost a single pound. Any help? I exercise at least 4-5 times a week. I'm getting slightly frustrated. My food diary is open. Please don't be rude.

Replies

• beckyboop712
    beckyboop712 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Weightloss is a slow process. Take your measurements. Even if you're not losing lbs, you're probably losing inches. Plus, I don't know about anyone else but my body goes through a "WTF" stage when I start working harder.

Be patient, I lost 20 lbs, then nothing for two months, and Saturday my scale finally said I lost my first .5 lb after 3 months of nothing (except losing inches :glasses: ).
  • BikerGirlElaine
    BikerGirlElaine Posts: 1,631 Member
    Options
    I started at roughly the same place (5'4" and 226). Hang in there and be patient. Here is what I did:

1. lift weights three times a week
    2. Do some cardio but not a whole ton of it
    3. Set a reasonable deficit. I used a TDEE calculator and took 20% off of what it gave me. That turned out to be too low, but I just adjusted my calories up a little bit so that I wasn't hungry all the time.
    4. Be patient and consistent. When I have a high calorie day or days, it slows things down. I do best when I am eating close to my goal every day, and exercising on a very regular schedule.

Hope that helps some!
  • Vicks1978
    Vicks1978 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Hi Yukino
    I have been here since March and my journey has been slow too.
    I am no expert, but on looking at your diary you are over sodium quite a bit, and I have seen this mentioned alot in the forums.
    I am sure someone more knowledgeable may be along soon to recommend something, maybe try and get your macros more in line...carbs, protein etc.
    Just keep at it, and I just keep saying to myself at least I am no longer gaining.....eventually it will start to move at least you are logging and making a difference to your lifestyle
    :-)
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    I agree with the above posters and also I would recommend that you try to cut back on the sodium. It causes you to retain water which can mask any fat loss that's happening.
  • HannahJDiaz25
    HannahJDiaz25 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    What does your workout consist of?

Are you losing inches?

I looked at your diary, it doesn't look bad. Maybe eat less pre-made meals. Even the "lite" frozen meals can be pretty high in sodium.
    Also, don't eat refined carbs. Eat whole grains and slow release carbs like oatmeal, sweet potatoes etc. I recommend eating a 40/30/30 diet. Eat 40 percent protein, 30 fat and 30 carbs. My husband and I did this and we both had amazing increases in energy, lost weight almost right away and never really craved anything unhealthy. The protein makes you feel full. I eat a lot of tuna, chicken, lean steak, protein powders and eggs. The fats (avocoado, olive oil, coconut oil etc.) gave us even more energy and eating complex carbs keeps your insulin levels balanced... you feel much better throughout the day.

As for the workouts, if you don't strength train...start! :tongue:
    Its magic. Most of weight loss will come from eating properly, your workout will speed up the process and give you muscles so you look HOT, but the best way to lose fat is eat properly. I love nutrition, feel free to friend me if you want :flowerforyou:
  • BikerGirlElaine
    BikerGirlElaine Posts: 1,631 Member
    Options

Also, don't eat refined carbs. Eat whole grains and slow release carbs like oatmeal, sweet potatoes etc. I recommend eating a 40/30/30 diet. Eat 40 percent protein, 30 fat and 30 carbs.

Actually, that is not necessarily good advice. Here is a straightforward way to calculate your macro targets:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/819055-setting-your-calorie-and-macro-targets
  • fastfree2003
    Options
    I believe in more moving the body and less counting calories. BUT It should be some of both. I do not sit down much at all the whole day, except when I am here at the computer. The best activity in the WHOLE WORLD is a slow quiet walk in the deep woods!! Do you have safe wooded trails near you? Just being in nature calms me so much that I never think of food! It is not strenuous to just walk. I spend at least one hour in the woods walking every day! and that is only 1/3 of the exercise that I do each day.................usually. Anyways
    try to get out of the house to get away from food.