A year and Insanity!

Options
2»

Replies

• HollyTsab
    HollyTsab Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Thank you all. You're so very sweet.
    Great job, girly!! I'm so scared to do Insanity, lol, but I do look forward to the day -- one day, not now, lol -- when I'll be able to brave it..and get 'er done with little to no problem. I commend you for already being at that day!

You look great! :)

I felt just the way you do but then my friends on my Facebook team convinced me that I could do it. I was crazy enough to believe them. :) You can too.
  • IPAkiller
    IPAkiller Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on completing Insanity. The first time I completed Insanity I lost 30+ lbs (I don’t have my spreadsheet in front of me for exact measurements). I was only able to do about 30% of the routines in week one. By the end I was at 70%. The second time around (6 months later) I started at 60% and ended by being able to do 90% of what I was told. I have attempted to start a third round about a half a dozen times since. The combination of contempt for Shaun T, his cyborg Asian assistant and my ever changing schedule has won out and I go to some other type of workout.
    The weight loss was only a small part of what is gained from this program. The increase in core strength and balance is “insanely” noticeable; especially being a single parent of a 1 year old. Toting a little girl, diaper bag, groceries, stuffed animal, etc, without dropping one is now a simple task. A non-physical benefit is the boost in self-esteem I gained from the personal satisfaction of dedication and completion.
    For those of you who are putting off Shaun T because you feel you’re unable at your current state… knock it off. I’m serious, if you can’t do a pushup its ok. The key to this program isn’t about being able to do everything. It’s designed to make you progress. If you can do just one pushup at the start, you’ll be doing 30 by the end (or something like that). The most important part is to get your *kitten* out of bed every morning (it jump starts you for the entire day), do the routine you’re scheduled (no cherry picking) and watch closely what you’re shoving in your face (MFP is perfect for this).
  • HollyTsab
    Options
    For those of you who are putting off Shaun T because you feel you’re unable at your current state… knock it off. I’m serious, if you can’t do a pushup its ok. The key to this program isn’t about being able to do everything. It’s designed to make you progress. If you can do just one pushup at the start, you’ll be doing 30 by the end (or something like that). The most important part is to get your *kitten* out of bed every morning (it jump starts you for the entire day), do the routine you’re scheduled (no cherry picking) and watch closely what you’re shoving in your face (MFP is perfect for this).

Very true! I couldn't do reg push ups when I started. Even though I've done other programs. Now my favorites are the push up jacks. I knock them out like no one's business.

Funny that you mentioned carrying the kiddos. I always had trouble when my kids were younger being about to carry them around for any length of time. On Saturday we went on a hike and my friends infant hated the carrier. I carried him all the way down the hill with no trouble at all. That was huge for me.

Insanity has given me confidence in knowing I can do things I otherwise thought I couldn't.
  • IPAkiller
    IPAkiller Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    I have some awesome news now that you finished the full 60 days. If you continue to get up at the same time you have been, eat sensibly like you have and continue a mild activity (ex: 45 minutes of brisk walking) you will continue to lose weight at about the same rate you have been. Don't enjoy this break for more than two weeks and start some other type of routine for another 2-3 month period. Have a routine in mind?
  • InsanityArmy
    Options
    You look great! Hope my results will be like that. Topics like these are like inspirations to me!
  • reese8089
    reese8089 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    First off, you look great! Seriously, you got great results and you should be so proud of your achievement. You really do look like a different person.

Second, thank you so much for posting this. Although, I have lost close to twenty pounds since March, I still I need to lose some serious poundage. I have been considering the Insanity workout program, but I wasn't sure if I could keep up. I have read so many reviews, many of which state that you need to be in better shape for the workout, so I was feeling discouraged. After reading your post, I now feel like I can. Thank you so much!
  • vancityduck
    Options
    Awesome job, way to go! I'm curious about Insanity. Is it a dvd you do every day at home? Worth the money to buy the entire set of CDS?
  • HollyTsab
    Options
    I have some awesome news now that you finished the full 60 days. If you continue to get up at the same time you have been, eat sensibly like you have and continue a mild activity (ex: 45 minutes of brisk walking) you will continue to lose weight at about the same rate you have been. Don't enjoy this break for more than two weeks and start some other type of routine for another 2-3 month period. Have a routine in mind?

Great advice. I'm going to do P90X next. I've been wanting to play with my Power Blocks again and after 5mths of cardio I think it's time. :)
  • HollyTsab
    Options
    Awesome job, way to go! I'm curious about Insanity. Is it a dvd you do every day at home? Worth the money to buy the entire set of CDS?

I'll send you a message sweetie. :)
  • HollyTsab
    Options
    First off, you look great! Seriously, you got great results and you should be so proud of your achievement. You really do look like a different person.

Second, thank you so much for posting this. Although, I have lost close to twenty pounds since March, I still I need to lose some serious poundage. I have been considering the Insanity workout program, but I wasn't sure if I could keep up. I have read so many reviews, many of which state that you need to be in better shape for the workout, so I was feeling discouraged. After reading your post, I now feel like I can. Thank you so much!
    [/quote

Thank you and I'm glad I could help.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!