Beach body? Soy lecithin?

Options
Recently i've been informed that i'm going to travel to the beach. That will happend in 1 month exactly, and well... anxiety has arrived! long time without eating properly or doing any physical trainnig... well, my body isn't exactly what you would like to see in a tiny bathing suit. So i would love you give me some good diets to reduce inches and cellulitis.
Since today i'm going to the gym, so all i need is a diet that helps me.

I've seen that soy lecithin pills are awesome to loose fat, but as any pill it might have secondary effects, so if any of you have ever used it, how did it go? should i use it, and in wich way? how many times? Any information will be really usefull at this moment,

Thank you (:

Replies

• Wetcoaster
    Wetcoaster Posts: 1,788 Member
    Options
    Soy lecithin pills will not make you lose fat.
  • thisismeraw
    thisismeraw Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Those pills will not make you lose fat. No pill will. The only way to lose fat is to burn more than you eat. Simple.

Go to the gym... lift weights.. eat properly... fill your diet with lean proteins, veggies, fruits, etc.

Find a bathing suit that makes you feel good. Confidence will do a lot more for your look than losing a few lbs will. And don't forget, people won't be focusing on you while you are at the beach.
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    No pill makes you lose fat. Also, soy is estrogenic. Stay away from all that crap.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    Recently i've been informed that i'm going to travel to the beach. That will happend in 1 month exactly, and well... anxiety has arrived! long time without eating properly or doing any physical trainnig... well, my body isn't exactly what you would like to see in a tiny bathing suit. So i would love you give me some good diets to reduce inches and cellulitis.
    Since today i'm going to the gym, so all i need is a diet that helps me.

I've seen that soy lecithin pills are awesome to loose fat, but as any pill it might have secondary effects, so if any of you have ever used it, how did it go? should i use it, and in wich way? how many times? Any information will be really usefull at this moment,

Thank you (:

Get control over your food intake and begin an exercise program 3-5/week. Continue this process and eat in a caloric deficit and you'll eventually lose fat.

Get the idea of pills and shortcuts out of your head and instead focus on executing your plan.
  • calibriintx
    calibriintx Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    If you have cellulitis, you need to see a doctor and get some antibiotics. Losing weight won't make it any better.:noway:
  • bumblebums
    bumblebums Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    There are no quick fixes. The only dramatic thing you can do in a month is lose some water weight, but even that depends on how much fat you currently have.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Those pills will not make you lose fat. No pill will.

Well. Some pills will. Bug they're illegal and dangerous ;)
  • bumblebums
    Options
    No pill makes you lose fat. Also, soy is estrogenic. Stay away from all that crap.

The dangers of soy have not been conclusively proven, to my knowledge.

http://jn.nutrition.org/content/140/12/2289S.full
    http://www.fertstert.org/article/S0015-0282(10)00368-7/abstract

Can you point to any solid evidence that it is harmful?
  • linsey0689
    linsey0689 Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    you are going to kind of get one sided info on here most all of us don't use diet pills or anything like that. because really if any of that stuff helps it is only short-term unlike changed eating habits and exercise.

best of luck to you :)
  • bumblebums
    Options
    OP, I googled it for ya:

http://www.livestrong.com/article/519741-soy-lecithin-for-weight-loss/
    http://www.vanderbilt.edu/AnS/psychology/health_psychology/LECITHIN_SUPPLEMENT.htm

I do like the side effect of "fishy" body odor :)

Good luck. I hope you decide to take the slow-but-tested approach to fat loss of eating slightly below maintenance calories and exercising.
  • h9dlb
    h9dlb Posts: 243 Member
    Options

This!

Also 1 month ain't very long to get a beach body, sorry.

Clean diet and exercise
  • 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    Don't use any pills.......

No 1. Go shopping and buy lots of healthy food, ie veggies, fruit, and lots of protein
    No 2. Exercise? If not, cut back
    No 3. Drink lots of water.........!!!