First I'm Erin, second I am diabetic.

Options
Hello everyone! I'm looking for some new friends to learn from and to be held accountable. Would be great to talk to some that are going through similar things. Insulin dependent, total loss is 89 lbs and counting, and living a low carb lifestyle. Recently I've had more down days and need to refocus.

Replies

• Soyviz
    Soyviz Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi Erin! I'm Aisha, and also a type 1 on a pump. It's always nice to meet fellow diabetics who are working out and losing weight. Congrats on your weight loss! I am trying to lose 10, but my main goal is to improve my diet and tone.
  • Daisyhatespeach
    Daisyhatespeach Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    My daughter (age 12) has type 1 diabetes. While I am working on losing weight and being in better health, I am also trying to set a good example for her.
  • Daisyhatespeach
    Daisyhatespeach Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Soyviz wrote: »
    Hi Erin! I'm Aisha, and also a type 1 on a pump. It's always nice to meet fellow diabetics who are working out and losing weight. Congrats on your weight loss! I am trying to lose 10, but my main goal is to improve my diet and tone.

My daughter uses a Ping. What pump do you have?
  • liftingheavy
    liftingheavy Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Hi Erin, I am not diabetic, but pre... Family members have passed from this, I am so happy you are here.
  • lcm101922
    lcm101922 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi Erin! Glad to see you working toward your goals. I am not diabetic but my friend is and he works through it with diet and exercise. Good luck and reach out if you need any motivation