Local support group - How to?

Options
Hi.

I'm thinking about setting up a local support group in my town as I really, really feel like I need to connect with other like-minded people in person to keep my motivation going. I've considered WW but I totally don't agree with what they're teaching.

Does anyone have any experience with setting up a local support group & if so, what tips do you have?

I'm considering getting a room at a local charity, where the group can meet once a week or even every 14 days.
I'd advertise the group on here & on facebook. I was considering asking WW if I can promote it at their meetings but I seriously doubt they'll let me do that. I am also considering asking a few gyms if I can put up a poster. Any other ideas where I could advertise?

Any tips in general? What I'm looking for is purely a support group, so I won't act like a boss or anything like that, or comment on how people choose to lose weight unless they are struggling with a eating disorder (I'd locate the correct help, as I'm nowhere near qualified to be dealing with that).

Thanks so much!