Never again..

Options
I bought light and fit yogurt today because it was in a nice 8 pack. Never again. It tastes so bad. I like my full fat milk greek yogurt. Must suffer through these 8 packs!
On another note, never weighed yogurt from a single cup before and it was supposed to be 150/g and was only 132/g. Hurrah!

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,015 Member
    Options
    I like these No Fat Yoghurts from Nestle Soleil ... low cal and tasty. :)

http://www.nestlesoleil.com.au/products
  • spatulamom
    spatulamom Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    brwelch1 wrote: »
    I bought light and fit yogurt today because it was in a nice 8 pack. Never again. It tastes so bad. I like my full fat milk greek yogurt. Must suffer through these 8 packs!
    On another note, never weighed yogurt from a single cup before and it was supposed to be 150/g and was only 132/g. Hurrah!

I know im eating more calories when I eat a full fat Chobani Flip, but it's totally worth it when it actually fills me up as opposed to still being starving after eating a 'light' yogurt (which I actually haven't done in years).

And I'd be kind of annoyed to know I paid for less yogurt than I got ;).
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Yogurt is one of the few things I don't weigh, as it consistently comes up under the 150 grams it says.
  • CorydonCutie
    CorydonCutie Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I can't barely swallow yogurt. I like the taste, just not the consistency. I eat a container of Great Value Non-Fat Light Greek Yogurt, Peach Flavor and chase it with water. I love it.
  • Machka9
    Options
    I can't barely swallow yogurt. I like the taste, just not the consistency. I eat a container of Great Value Non-Fat Light Greek Yogurt, Peach Flavor and chase it with water. I love it.

For me, the regular yogurts (with full fat) are a bit much ... too thick, a bit too much like trying to eat margarine, and just a bit too much on the sour side ...

I don't mind them once in a while, but not very often.

But the light yogurts I eat have a lighter and fluffier consistency, and they're really nice. :)

• Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »

@Machka9 They look ok, I'll try them next time I'm at the shop.
    Have you tried the soleil creme caramel and chocolate mousse, they are both delicious!

• Vanilla_Lattes
    Vanilla_Lattes Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I love full fat oikos greek vanilla honey <3
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options

What kind did you get? I love the Dannon light and fit Greek yogurt! In fact, I don't like the full fat Greek yogurt at all.

You are correct, the yogurt weighs less than what is rendered on the package. :)
  • Machka9
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »

@Machka9 They look ok, I'll try them next time I'm at the shop.
    Have you tried the soleil creme caramel and chocolate mousse, they are both delicious!

They aren't thick like the greek yogurts ... but I prefer that. I even lighten them up further by adding fruit purees and a dollop of light whipped cream.

No, I haven't tried the soleil creme caramel and chocolate mousse. I'll have to look for them. :)

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    I can't eat Yoplait or Dannon. Reminds me of the 90s. Warm crappy yogurts in the cafeteria.
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options
    Love Dannon 80 cal yogurt. So does my doxie, who gets to lick the remains.
  • simbartes
    simbartes Posts: 64 Member
    Options

I love fage 2% Greek yoghurt. It's rich and creamy, full of protein, and filling. I add raspberries to it. Two ingredients, milk and live culture. Ya can't get better than that. If you can't pronounce what's on the label then don't eat it (just my opinion)
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    I disliked it also. It was watery and tasted like crap. Lol. I like full fat instead