Hating your body, being criticized and having no support!!

Hating my body was always one of my biggest problems...i used to be very thin when i was a child but i broke my leg and couldn't walk for 3 months and gained 10 kgs just like that...my brother always calls me fat and always criticizes my body, he means no harm as he think he is encouraging me to lose weight and get thin again but it is not really working...people tell me that i am not fat and my weight is perfectly healthy for my height and age but i always feel that they are lying to make me feel good about myself...i am not obese but i felt like i need to make some change in my life...i need to eat healthy to lose those 10 kgs that i gained...and i am starting my journey here but my only problem is the lack of support which is why i am writing this because i could use all the support i can find to stop hating myself and hating my body so please make me feel that there is someone out there supporting me or else i am just another hopeless case :(

Replies

• oh_happy_day
    oh_happy_day Posts: 1,137 Member
    There's plenty of support around here but ultimately positive messages need to come from inside you. You just said that you think people are lying to you when they're telling you that you're not fat. Only you can change your self-talk. No one is a hopeless case but ultimately all people are alone with their internal experience. All the supportive messages in the world won't help if you hate yourself and only you can change that.
  • nohaabdelbary14
    nohaabdelbary14 Posts: 15 Member
    Thank you...i think people around me are lying not because i don't believe in myself..but because i know they love me and would do anything to see me happy..i posted this because i know that a stranger won't lie to make me happy that's all