i need help advice please help

Options
On 9/22/2014 I weighed 173. Now as of 7/13/2015 I am 235. I want to get back around 175, but I keep eating junk food becausse its all around me. Also, i dont go out places now because of the weight gain and im insecure. Any tips for weight loss and leaning out. I also started mma classes 3 times a week. Nothing seems to work.

Replies

• lirekawilliams
    lirekawilliams Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm going through the same thing right now. I went from 160 lbs to 200 lbs. This was mainly from returning to poor eating habits. I know how to eat heathly...I learned from Weight Watchers. They teach you how to "eat too live and not live to eat". They believe in having whatever you want but in small portion and moderation. You can also earn more food flexibility with exercise. I've lost 40 lbs with them in the past. The key is making it a lifestyle change...it's not a diet. You don't have to starve yourself to lose weight. You have to start be ridding your space from the bad food. Make a conscientious decision about the food choices you make. And most importantly if you have a bad day or meal don't give up....hope right back on your lifestyle change. Hope this helps!
  • lirekawilliams
    lirekawilliams Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    *Typo..hop not hope.
  • sarahrmli
    sarahrmli Posts: 9 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    It's a difficult cycle to get out of, once you're in it. If you are feeling too insecure to go out, perhaps taking a few night strolls in the week could be a starting point. Although getting the vitamins from the sun and the daylight itself will help with an overall good sense of self worth, so try your hardest to visit places you know that aren't very busy?

Try to not constantly snack on junk by eating filling meals with lots of protein to keep you fuller, longer. If there is junk food in the house, try to get it out as soon as it comes in, you could ask someone else to eat it, or just throw it out (personally not a fan of throwing food out). Whoever does the shopping, try to make informed shopping decisions. Opt for healthier options of favourite foods. Don't load yourself on sugar and salt, it'll only make you want more food.

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    You don't have to eat anything just because it's there? But you can eat anything and lose weight as long as you're in a calorie deficit. Just log everything in your diary and try to hit your goal(s if you track macros).
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    Log your food. If you're not losing it's because you are eating more than you're burning off. If you're not tracking your calories, you're at a huge disadvantage because you really have no idea how much you're eating.

• rwhyte12
    rwhyte12 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Try not to eat back exercise calories.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Log your food. It's the best way to start. After a while, you'll see patterns and be able to identify what helps you and what doesn't.

A lot of people here use food scales to weigh their food right down to the gram. It gives you a better estimate on how much you're taking in when you log in grams. It's not necessary to lose weight, but is helpful.

It's good that you're exercising. It doesn't just help you lose weight (and be able to eat more) - it's good for you. :)

Be patient. Rome wasn't built in a day.

Good luck!