am i fat?

nohaabdelbary14
nohaabdelbary14 Posts: 15 Member
edited July 2015 in Health and Weight Loss
hey guys...i am 5 feet 3 and i am 126 lbs my measurements are:
bust: 34
waist: 27
hip: 38
i used to be 130 and i have already lost 4 lbs should i lose more or this is enough?
(fat % 25.6)

Replies

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    The only person who can answer that is you

Are you?
  • myheartsabattleground
    myheartsabattleground Posts: 2,040 Member
    Your BMI is normal.
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    edited July 2015
    hey guys...i am 5 feet 3 and i am 126 lbs my measurements are:
    bust: 34
    waist: 27
    hip: 38
    i used to be 130 and i have already lost 4 lbs should i lose more or this is enough?

1) Did you use a BMI calculator such as: http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/educational/lose_wt/BMI/bmicalc.htm
    2) Have you found your body fat percentage by either bodytape measurement, caliper, hydrostatic, or DEXA?

FYI: Your BMI is in normal range at 22.3. You could still have a higher than ideal body fat percentage, but it is not likely to be that far off.

• 85Cardinals
    85Cardinals Posts: 733 Member
    You look great to me!
  • Sued0nim
    It's also a scale weight

Whereas Body composition and body Fat % would be more appropriate measures

Queue standard, google, picture of the importance of musculature in body comp

lmp16cx32f7s.jpg
  • SunnyPacheco
    SunnyPacheco Posts: 142 Member
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    It's also a scale weight

lmp16cx32f7s.jpg

Definitely this. It's all about muscle mass vs bf % and not so much the number. But also wherever you feel best/healthiest is what you should aim for.
  • nohaabdelbary14
    nohaabdelbary14 Posts: 15 Member
    Ok thanks guys :)
  • kiwikid80
    kiwikid80 Posts: 6 Member
    Focus on feeling healthy and good. Not so much if you are skinny or fat.
  • crb426
    crb426 Posts: 661 Member
    It's also a scale weight

lmp16cx32f7s.jpg

Yep, I have just been inspired to do sit-ups. Lots and lots of sit-ups... You look awesome!
  • dhimaan
    dhimaan Posts: 774 Member
    Haven't seen a picture of you so don't know. Most of the girls I see are 120-130 so no you are not fat. If the jiggle bothers you take up weight training that will help a lot.
  • hekla90
    hekla90 Posts: 595 Member
    It's also a scale weight

lmp16cx32f7s.jpg

Out of curiousity since I see that posted constantly here what is the original source of that photo? I've never been able to find it and it could easily be different people, not that it is but there's nothing to really confirm they are the same person or to confirm the weights. Body composition is obviously huge for how you look as evidenced by the tons of reddit /r/fitness before and afters I have looked it, but those at least are more confirmable as far as being the same person and weights etc.
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    You have the same sort of stats as me.
    Out of respect for myself, I'd never EVER call myself fat. I've come TOO far to put myself down. I look a million times more healthy than I did when I was 30 pounds heavier. Yes, I HAVE fat but that doesn't mean I am fat.
    Same goes for you.

• Sued0nim
    crb426 wrote: »
    It's also a scale weight

lmp16cx32f7s.jpg

Yep, I have just been inspired to do sit-ups. Lots and lots of sit-ups... You look awesome!

That's not me - it's a google image

Sit-ups don't do it - lift heavy, progressive compound lifts