Reasonably quick breakfast

Options
erikkmcvay
erikkmcvay Posts: 238 Member
So I see a lot of folks who either don't eat breakfast or have a hard time with preparing it and I thought I would share what my wife and I do now.

If we're going to include Wheat Berries in our breakfast (which we do a lot) the night before I'll use the 'Wheat in a Thermos' method of cooking them by placing them in a hot thermos (heat it with the hottest tap water you've got while boiling two cups of water) with two cups of boiling water (1 cup of wheat) and leave it overnight. That way it's ready in the morning.

We will cook two cups of rolled oats (2 cups of dry) and place in the Fridge for breakfast -- then you just pull it out, scoop out however much you need (1/2 to 3/4 cup for me) add wheat and nuke until hot (very short time really) then add things like Agave Nectar (3/4 TBS), Cinnamon, Banana, milk whatever and you've got a quick breaky.

For spicing it up we'll add Bob's Red Mills Bran, some Granola (1/4 cup) and/or dehydrated berries (1/4 cup).

it's quick and easy and can provide most of your dietary fiber in one meal :)

I can quickly adjust this kind of breakfast from 300 to 600 calories as needed.

What other ideas are there?

Replies

• WKnowles71
    WKnowles71 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I go with something I can eat in the car because I have to leave home so early in the morning... I do 1/2-1 cup of Egg Substitute with 2 Tbasp of shredded cheese in a round bowl about the size of the Arnold Sandwich thins. I put in the microwave for 3 minutes & toast the sandwich thin. Put the eggs in the sandwich & go. Sometimes I throw in an apple or some berries to go with it. Very easy and tasty as well.