Water with a twist

Options
iamabeetle
iamabeetle Posts: 52 Member
I love adding things to my water. Lemon and strawberry are my favourites so far.

What do you add to yours? I'd love some new ideas

Replies

• Pinkemi
    Pinkemi Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Cucumber.
  • madeleadele
    madeleadele Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I love adding some fresh mint (along with strawberries or cucumbers), or some orange

There are entire instagrams devoted to flavored water!
  • ABabilonia
    ABabilonia Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Strawberries are the best
  • tbeal8706
    tbeal8706 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Raspberries and lemon. Taste like fruit punch
  • Mycophilia
    Mycophilia Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    snkw6qjkatab.jpg

Don't you guys have stuff like this in your country? I guess the closest word for it in English would be fruit concentrate. We have like a million different flavors where I'm from.
  • techgal128
    techgal128 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    I've never heard of adding plain fruit to water. Do you crush the fruit, cut it, or leave it whole? How long do you leave the fruit in the water?
  • Kfieldseth
    Kfieldseth Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    techgal128- I typically put in frozen fruit so it keeps it a little cold, plus your fruit doesn't go mushy and put all your fruit pulp in the water. When I'm satisfied with the taste I just pull the fruit. In a strange way it's like a tea bag. The longer you keep it in the water the stronger the taste. Hopefully that's helpful.
  • cabwj
    cabwj Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    lemon, lime, orange, tangerine, mango, pineapple, cucumber, strawberries, apples, cinnamon stick, mint leaves...
  • NancyLL24
    NancyLL24 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I had the most amazing grapefruit water at a hotel recently. I keep meaning to try it at home.
  • robyngrant739
    robyngrant739 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Strawberry and lime is lovely
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    mio and crystal light
  • meadowlark42
    meadowlark42 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Green tea ;) I actually keep a lot of different kinds of tea at my desk at work, caffeinated and non, really helps me stay hydrated and also keeps me from snacking - there's enough flavor that I feel I'm getting something. Ginger tea (hot water, slice of fresh ginger, a bit of honey) is also just the best if you are feeling under the weather. One of my coworkers puts dried orange slices in her water.
  • accidentalpancake
    accidentalpancake Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    techgal128 wrote: »
    I've never heard of adding plain fruit to water. Do you crush the fruit, cut it, or leave it whole? How long do you leave the fruit in the water?

I have an infuser bottle that I use sometimes. It has a compartment that you put the fruit in, which is basically like a coarse strainer. You may get small bits of fruit in the water, but not much.
  • NewToKetoMama
    NewToKetoMama Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I do lemon with splenda and it gives it a sweet taste with out the calories
  • jalarson23
    jalarson23 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I also add lemon, but I add it to Seltzer water and let it sit in the fridge to mix. It is the most refreshing and tasty water ever.
  • latinqueen76
    latinqueen76 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    True Lemon, True Lime or True Orange! <3
  • TayaHarper
    TayaHarper Posts: 1 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Here is benefits to lemon in water, though I had been using it in cold water. Now I know to put it in warm water.

http://tasty-yummies.com/2013/03/18/10-benefits-to-drinking-warm-lemon-water-every-morning/
  • jerseygene
    jerseygene Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Mycophilia wrote: »
    snkw6qjkatab.jpg

Don't you guys have stuff like this in your country? I guess the closest word for it in English would be fruit concentrate. We have like a million different flavors where I'm from.
    Yes we do but it is so much more fun making your own and that way you know exactly what's in it.