Your best fish dish?

Options
2»

Replies

• lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    I do salmon and trout the most, in a variety of ways, but one alternative I'd recommend is skate in brown butter.

Basically just brown some butter in a pan, put in the skate and cook briefly on each side until done (this takes very little time, don't overcook), and then add a little white wine vinegar and serve.

Delicious--I think I learned about it from Cooking in 10 Minutes by Eduard de Pomiane, which is also a fun and useful cookbook: http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2010/aug/10/50-best-cookbooks-edouard-pomiane.
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    I don't know much about fish... I have bought salmon fillets and pan fried them with salt and pepper and squeezed lime juice all over when served on a plate.

I also did salmon ceviche and it was DELICIOUS!! :yum:
  • DisneyDude85
    DisneyDude85 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Pasta with seafood sauce. Make a basic roux with flour and butter, and seafood stock as the liquid. Customize it with garlic, herbs, capers, whatever suits your fancy. Toss the sauce with some pasta, and serve with your favorite fish.

Definitely making this over the weekend! Yum :) Do you make your own stock, or buy canned/premade?
  • kimw91
    kimw91 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Honey-soy glazed sesame salmon is divine. I also like making a pasta dish with prawns in a spicy tomato sauce with sautéed bell peppers and just a small tbsp of light crème fraîche. Or make a herby tomato sauce with cod, mussels and olives. Whole oven baked trout with lemon and rosemary is a definite summer favorite.
  • madhatter2013
    madhatter2013 Posts: 1,547 Member
    Options
    Johnny's Itialian Steakhouse has this teriyaki salmon lunch to die for.
  • sarahrmli
    sarahrmli Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Lots of scrummy ideas!!
  • karahm78
    karahm78 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    My go-to salmon dish, this is in the Skinnytaste cookbook. Sweet and Spicy sriracha glazed salmon.
    http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/sweet-n-spicy-sriracha-glazed-salmon-51252440

I serve this with a salad or the sesame roasted green beans from the same cookbook.
  • Praying_Mantis
    Praying_Mantis Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Saturday we grilled salmon -- dusted with white pepper, sea salt, & dill.
    Sunday we grilled halibut steaks -- with 1/2 pat of butter , sea salt, and squeeze of lime juice
  • lizzocat
    lizzocat Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Halibut or cod, I pan sear in truffle oil and finish with a little lemon. Salmon, I do two ways- either maple syrup and teriyaki or a dry rub with brown sugar, the sugar caramelizes and it's sooo good.