Help me! Binged last night and feel terrible!!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• rmboehm67
    rmboehm67 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Day to day weight fluctuations will occur but what is most important is that the trend shows you are making progress.

More importantly don't beat yourself up and lose sight of why you decided to make changes and track your diet. This is a long term game and one night will not doom your long term progress.

Depending on what your workouts look like think of this as an opportunity to use that fuel for more intensity today (shorten the rest in between sets, sprint/increase speed in intervals, maintain focus longer, etc.).
  • chris_finnigan
    chris_finnigan Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    yopeeps025 wrote: »
    Who can resist leftover pizza, you would be a robot if you could!

I have a friday night splurge every week, chinese meal, rice, prawn crackers. I tend not to punish myself for it, it's not a bad day. I look at the weekly average and if i stay under for the week the world is good. I just adjust for it across the week. I'm 19kg down now in just over 4months.

Ironically, some of my biggest wieghtlosses, and plateau breaking periods have followed a big family meal out at a resturant or something where I've just said, diet's off tonight, it's a celebration.

That happens when you loosen your grip.

Absolutely, i was very strict in the beginning, now i'm in normal bmi approaching my target weight (3kg to go) with a few months experience behind me I am able to let loose and know how to keep thi gs in balance, 1 day doesnt undo 4months hard work. If i blow my calories during the day, i dont get my bits of dark chocolate at night. Simples.
  • chris_finnigan
    chris_finnigan Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    moyer566 wrote: »

Ironically, some of my biggest wieghtlosses, and plateau breaking periods have followed a big family meal out at a resturant or something where I've just said, diet's off tonight, it's a celebration.
    isn't that strange? me too!

Yep, i'm no expert, so i can only say what has worked for me. I have found having a higher calorie day followed by a leaner day (big dinner on a friday, lite saturday breakfast/lunch) has really stopped alot of the minor stalls. Maybe it stops the body getting too used to a certain intake. Keeps it guessing. Kind of like how interval training works wjen your getting fit.