Intermittent Fasting results?

Options
hey, anyone who did the Intermittent Fasting here? can you please tell me what you ate, and how were the results?

Replies

• momzeeee
    momzeeee Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I did alternate day IF, as laid out in the book The Alternate Day Diet. By Dr. James Johnson. Loved it and I only 'dieted' every other day :)
  • RepsnSets
    RepsnSets Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Im doin 5:2 this is is my first fast day in my third week. Ive lost around 3lbs. But can see my tummy shrinking so Im losing inches.

Eating 500 cals is quite simple. I skip breakfast and eat lunch and dinner while drinking a lot of water and about three cups of green tea. If Im really really hungry I'll have a can of diet coke and that takes the edge off.

Im exercising as well while fasting.

There are some fasting groups on this forum you should have a look.
  • Joehenny
    Joehenny Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    Just started, I feel so full.
  • 55in13
    55in13 Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    I do 16:8 sometimes, but not every day. Do you understand that meal timing makes no difference? It is all about calories consumed versus calories burned no matter how you spread out the times you eat. IF is just a way to schedule that many people have an easier time managing and sticking to it. On my 16:8 days, temptations are not in a gray area during the fasting period. I can't adjust for it later; I just have to absolutely not have it. I used IF a lot early in my weight loss because I found that really helpful in sticking to my goals. Once I had made progress, I found it easy to stick to my goals even if I allowed myself to eat at other times.
  • CanGirl40
    CanGirl40 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I tried it for a couple of weeks. I was miserable. When I'm hungry, I need to eat! JMO
  • datmanandrobyn
    datmanandrobyn Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Brekkie i have porridge with 10 gms of almonds and 10 gms of craisins and a cappuccino. Lunch is a rice cake or scrambled egg, no toast and dinner minestrone. I thought I would die restricting my calories so much but finding it easier than a normal week of dieting and I don't get disheartened or feel deprived as I know it is only for 1 day then I can eat normally for another few days.
  • Casstaiko
    Casstaiko Posts: 1
    Options
    I'm using "the fast diet" by Dr. Michael Mosley. I'm only fasting 2 days a week. There are recipes in the book but I mostly make my own meals that fit the calorie criteria. I have definitely seen a difference in the body fat around the middle.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Just a note from what I've seen a few people post.

If you are eating breakfast or lunch, you are NOT fasting. You're just severely restricting calories. Intermittent fasting means 24 hours of not eating, once or twice a week. Eat dinner, then skip eating the following day until dinner time.

The benefits of intermittent fasting come from not eating food for 24 hours at a time, not from severely restricting calories.
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    I do 20/4 and eat whatever fits my macros. Results have been great. I've been on it for almost a year.
  • EllieBMackal
    EllieBMackal Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    the 2 days per week seems like a good idea to start with.
  • EllieBMackal
    Options
    wow a year! and how much u lost?
  • EllieBMackal
    Options
    hahaha ya me right there!
  • darwinwoodka
    darwinwoodka Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Anything that restricts your diet in some way will most likely restrict your calories as well. Much better to simply be aware of what you're eating and not rely on gimmicks or "tricking" your metabolism.
  • TD_BC
    TD_BC Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm doing 18/6 IF, and lost 4lb in the last 7 days.

I'm eating 1200-1500 cals/day and doing 45 -60 mins on Elliptical 6 times/wk. To compare, when I wasn't taking any notice of feeding/fasting times, but exercising the same and eating the same amount of calories each day, I was only losing 1-2lb / week.

There's lots of different opinions and research on IF, just find what works for you and your lifestyle.

i also recommend joining the IF group on here.

Good luck!
  • broscientist
    broscientist Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Just a note from what I've seen a few people post.

If you are eating breakfast or lunch, you are NOT fasting. You're just severely restricting calories. Intermittent fasting means 24 hours of not eating, once or twice a week. Eat dinner, then skip eating the following day until dinner time.

The benefits of intermittent fasting come from not eating food for 24 hours at a time, not from severely restricting calories.

There are about 50 different versions of IF. You got anything from a 14 hour fast to a 36 hour fast depending on whose protocal you are following.

The main benefit for some people is appetite control.
    Note that I said some people, others has it easier eating 6 meals a day.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    I eat LG style basically. 16/8ish. Put on 8kg in 5 days.
  • broscientist
    Options
    Anything that restricts your diet in some way will most likely restrict your calories as well. Much better to simply be aware of what you're eating and not rely on gimmicks or "tricking" your metabolism.

Saying IF is a "gimmick" is like saying eating 8 meals a day is a "gimmick".

IF is not "tricking" you metabolism. lol
  • broscientist
    Options

All Muscle gains.

Mirin the progress.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options

All Muscle gains.

Mirin the progress.

:laugh: Definitely.

I forgot to mention my point that calories in vs out matters a whole lot more than any amount of time fasted. I estimate my calories were around 7000ish per day (or eating window :tongue:) Yes, I can eat a lot.
  • EllieBMackal
    Options
    how much weight you lost?