Lap Band

Options
I am not "new" to MFP, just back on the wagon. I need help and direction. I had a lap band about 10 years ago, while it did help me shed about 120#. I need to loose about 70 more. This last 70 I know I will need to do on my own. I just have trouble to know where or how to start. I am supposed to eat about 1200 calories everyday, and I am either way under, or I am extremely hungry all the time and then I am way over. I am still heavy enough that exercise will be a challenge for me at first but I am willing to power through. There are a lot of exercise programs out there, but they are for people who are already in shape or can do a whole lot more that I can. I know doing something is better than nothing. I get impatient when I don't get the results I want and then get discouraged and fall off the wagon and back into bad habits. I am really hoping to make a lifestyle change this time and keep going and not give up. I am so tired of the cycle that I seem to be in. I just need some ideas, support and insight. It would be great to have someone to work out with but I haven't had any luck there either.

Any info anyone is willing or able to share would be so appreciated!
Thanks

Replies

• MZNIKKIEVABLESSED
    MZNIKKIEVABLESSED Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat as you. I think watching what you eat and trying home workouts to start will help. I like home workouts because you can do them at your own pace without feeling judgement from others.
  • Parky75
    Parky75 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm "back on the wagon" again also after having some band issues and now getting it back to the sweet spot. I am 6 years post op. Was able to lose about 80 lbs and although never at goal, I felt good. Well, in the last 3 months, I have successfully gained about 30 lbs and HATE IT! The day my uniform was uncomfortable to wear and all my clothes are tight I am saying enough. I am willing to start over and figure out the lifestyle change as well. I know I counted on the band way to much. When I didn't have it as my reminder, wow, what an eye opener for me. My old behaviors came back fast! Like a starved dog scarfing their food! Haha I was shocked at myself. I have never liked exercise and like you, either way over in calories or way under depending on the day.
    I am starting a fresh chapter today with some baby goals and would like to support you in yours. Accountability will help me and maybe you.
    My goal:
    To document my food- Everything including the creamer in my coffee
    2. Exercise or at least walk 2 times a week. (Not use my active job as excuse)
    3. Put a home workout DVD in the player and actually turn it on. (Not just dust off the cover)
    4. Will watch said video and work out once a week.
    5. Do my calm App 5 times in place of a cigarette. (Yes that is one nasty habit that needs to go also.)
    So, what do you day, want to be accountable with me?
  • notinks
    notinks Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My advice is get the Lap band removed. I had mine nearly 11 years and it just doesn't work long-term for most people. Mine caused reflux and had to be unfilled. I converted to gastric bypass 15 months ago and am at my goal weight finally!