Question and its only day one

hi everyone gave up group dieting encouraged to eat lots more than I was used to and hey guess what I put on weight.... So now I'm here my question is Hellmans Mayo light is showing as 35 Cals per tablespoon on my squeezy bottle it says 40... Obviously the bottle must be right!! Right? How is this going to work over the week I could be lots out... Help please

Replies

• TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    What is the (g) measurement after the tablespoon listing?
  • IggyL
    IggyL Posts: 181 Member
    If you cannot find one in the database that has the correct calories according to your bottle, you can enter it into the database.
  • carole52mcmillan
    carole52mcmillan Posts: 7 Member
    15g= 1 tablespoon = 40 kcal
  • NikiChicken
    NikiChicken Posts: 576 Member
    What is the (g) measurement after the tablespoon listing?

This - you have to look at not only the calories per serving, but what that serving size really is. Generally, all nutrition labels also list a weight for the serving size (i.e. "1 Tblsp (30 g)"). Look at that and then use a food scale to weigh your food to get the correct serving sizes. Using a tablespoon, teaspoon, measuring cup, etc. is pretty inaccurate and inconsistent. You can't fool a food scale though...
  • carole52mcmillan
    :)
  • carole52mcmillan
    IggyL wrote: »
    If you cannot find one in the database that has the correct calories according to your bottle, you can enter it into the database.

• carole52mcmillan
    I see that but does that mean not all the info will be correct we would check everything if we ourselves have not entered the info?
  • NikiChicken
    NikiChicken Posts: 576 Member
    In the database, look for foods that have a green check mark next to it. The green check mark means it has been verified to be correct. If it doesn't have the green check mark, it may or may not be correct and you have to be cautious. It's best if you can double check the labels as you are entering you food. Be very leery about and foods designated as "homemade" unless you, yourself, entered the recipe. You have no way of knowing what ingredients went into others' "homemade" recipe or how big the servings sizes are.
  • carole52mcmillan
    Many thanks x
  • CurlyCockney
    CurlyCockney Posts: 1,394 Member
    Don't trust the verified foods, there are many mistakes there too! Compare the nutritional information to the pack (or a reliable source).
  • carole52mcmillan
    Thank you ..