Does anyone else have weird motivation methods that they secretly use?

Options
124»

Replies

• KenziesFrenzies
    KenziesFrenzies Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    Yep, I follow her Instagram for all her recent pictures, she's looking toned as hell! I'll bet she's gone down 2-3 pant sizes.
  • clh72569
    clh72569 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I always watch the Food network at the gym. I worry that the other people would get hungry watching.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    Yep, I follow her Instagram for all her recent pictures, she's looking toned as hell! I'll bet she's gone down 2-3 pant sizes.

Yeah I wouldn't really call that odd motivation. :wink: I don't know though. Maybe she can make more at a smaller weigh. More clientele. I am skewed though so I know I got some odd motivations.
  • Cricket1515
    Cricket1515 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    cld111 wrote: »
    Wine. Wine motivates me. I need to get moving to fit it into my calories.

Also, I just look around at people around me who are too heavy to walk properly and it makes me appreciate everything that I can do with my body. It makes me want to keep it active for life.

Me too! If I know I need to go for a walk to get the room for wine in my calorie budget, then I am out the door and walking! (In fact, I did this just last night and ended the day under budget!)

Also, there was a time in my life where I couldn't really walk, though it was because of pain rather than weight. I still remember every day how hard that was.
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    Selfies... I usually HATE selfies but when I get into a rut I look at the past selfies of myself and how far I've come and it gets me going again.
  • LieneBrante
    LieneBrante Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I start a conversation about food and body's with my current guy.hes a health freak. That's more then enough for me to get me running 10 miles!!!
  • natboosh69
    natboosh69 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I follow loads of Suicide Girls on Instagram which is plenty motivation, plus reading through forums every day helps keep me focused :)
  • kellystuart11
    kellystuart11 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I like taking pictures of myself once a week in the same spot, in the same swim suit, to show myself progress. I got a personal trainer for my wedding in a couple months and when I feel like I want to quit on long runs I send him a text and he fires off like 10 inspirational texts including "you've got this!" and "DON'T YOU QUIT ON ME" type things. It really works. I also follow Tone It Up on insta and just looking at them makes me think I can look like that, too. If I'm at the gym and really not feeling the heavy day, I'll put up pictures of friends in wedding dresses or a picture of my own and blast some Britney and that tends to get me through it. It worked yesterday for an absolutely brutal leg day at least!
  • Bshmerlie
    Bshmerlie Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    I read success stories on hear everyday of people losing 100+ pounds and I say to myself I can do that if I just keep going. I also watch the 600+ TV show and I wish I could help give them motivation. I go on to mybodygallery.com and even though I know many of them are BS it still gives me inspiration to continue and achieve my goal weight. Once a month I go to the mall and try on smaller and smaller sizes. Getting to buy clothes at a regular store instead of the Plus Size store was a huge motivator for me.
  • AlciaMode
    AlciaMode Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    I look at pictures of other fit girls on Tumblr.

This is me too

Tumblr gets my butt out of bed and into my workout gear
  • bbontheb
    bbontheb Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    I exercise for Lindt Dark Chocolate with caramelized coconut :) It's what get's me through it. haha