Any beginner cycling friends out there?

Options
2»

Replies

• Guy04
    Guy04 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I've been cycling for 50 years,Lately I've increased the miles I ride to help with the weight loss. I'm averaging about 75 miles a week on a mountain bike.
  • joolieb1
    joolieb1 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    That's brilliant! I lost 2 lbs again this week and am sure my bike is helping me! I am currently doing about 30 miles a week but it gets easier all the time. Struggle to not go out, it's addictive!
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,178 Member
    Options
    joolieb1 wrote: »
    That's brilliant! I lost 2 lbs again this week and am sure my bike is helping me! I am currently doing about 30 miles a week but it gets easier all the time. Struggle to not go out, it's addictive!

It is addictive. :)

Right now it is winter here and I'm cycling inside ... and I really miss cycling outside!!

• LisaTcan
    LisaTcan Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I'm not really new but I would be happily be friends!

I began cycling about 5 years ago but only got really into it this year. I commute to work (8 miles each way) and do long rides with my husband on the weekends. I rode 300 miles in May! It is an amazing hobby/sport, I have gotten much fitter since getting into riding.
  • kristydi
    kristydi Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Hi joolieb, we've chatted before.

My husband and I bought bikes about a year ago and just started riding around the neighborhood with our 7 year old. With her we average around 10mph and can comfortably ride around 20 miles. Without our 7 year old the hubby and I can go a bit faster, but haven't built up to as much mileage yet. Last week I managed 10 miles with an average of 13mph. That's my fastest so far.
    We're on hybrid bikes, not road bikes so that affects how fast we can go too.
    I love cycling too!

You can join the under armor challenge and Map My Ride challenges. They are underway but you can still get in and meet the goals.

I'm a relatively new endurance bike rider

Just did a decent ride yesterday in the UA Challenge.

Give it a go! It is all good fun!

jufoxrijrl0r.jpg

Hey that's the Silver Comet Trail! That's pretty much in my back yard. Do you live in the area? My husband and I are out there most weekends riding with our kids. I'm the crazy lady with the 2 year old on her back. If you see us, wave as you fly by.

In fact I just realized my profile pic was taken at the Dallas trail head.
  • professionalHobbyist
    professionalHobbyist Posts: 1,316 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Yes I ride the trail all the time !!

Cool

Hope to see you guys out there

I will be doing the normal 20-25 tomorrow!

Wearing a scorpion Castelli black jersey. Kind of different than the norm
  • kristydi
    kristydi Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    I had originally planned on riding tomorrow afternoon while my 7 year old is in gymnastics (her gym is 5 min from the Dallas Trailhead) but my sister is bring my nephew by so we're going to the playground instead.
  • joolieb1
    joolieb1 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Sounds like we r all getting out and about. I did a 20 mile ride yesterday, no pins n needles in my hand but my right hand now feels weak, could I have damaged a nerve? Just going to keep it moving n hope it recovers