one meal a day diet

Options
does anyone have any tips to help me stay on track with this diet ? is anyone doing this diet that wants me to add them so we can do it together ?? also please tell me any links or type out some good workouts that make you feel good afterwards but not tired & hungry . thank you !

Replies

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Hope it is a seriously big meal with at least 1200 calories if you're only eating once a day.
  • abandonedloveforfat
    abandonedloveforfat Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    @Ready2Rock206 yes thats the goal of the diet
  • IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    If you need tips and are struggling to keep up with this 'diet'... doesn't that say something, lol?

It's got to be 1200 calories minimum. And with exercise, you'll burn off calories; eat all of them back.

@Ready2Rock206 yes thats the goal of the diet

I don't really see the point in this 'diet'? It wont bring any more weight loss... but whatever floats your boat.
  • SergeantSausage
    SergeantSausage Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    If by "diet" you mean "recipe for disaster" ...
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I'm not doing this diet because it won't be a part of my future lifestyle. I've struggled with maintenance in the past.

As ReadytoRock pointed out, plan this one meal very carefully because it's tough to get proper nutrition in 3 meals....and 1200 calories is a minimum fuel requirement for the vast majority of women.

Different workouts trigger hunger for different people. Steady state cardio doesn't trigger hunger for me.
  • pmm3437
    pmm3437 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    When or how often you eat is a personal preference, and there is no proof that any particular schedule is better than another, as far as nutrition is concerned.

Make sure you get your proper nutrients and calories, and do whatever you want.

@IsaackGMOON - sounds like an extreme version of intermittent fasting.
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    I'm curious to know how long most people last on that "diet".
  • IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    I'm curious to know how long most people last on that "diet".

About a day ;)
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    do you plan on staying on this diet for the rest of your life?
  • slaite1
    slaite1 Posts: 1,307 Member
    Options
    does anyone have any tips to help me stay on track with this diet ? is anyone doing this diet that wants me to add them so we can do it together ?? also please tell me any links or type out some good workouts that make you feel good afterwards but not tired & hungry . thank you !

If you're struggling why not try intermittent fasting? Lots of people on here utilize it and it would probably be easier to adhere to
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    My natural way of eating is a moderate breakfast and one other large meal a day. The large meal is very satisfying to me and it's been working for me for many years.
    I really need my breakfast of proteins, fats and carbs for my workout otherwise I get really pooped during the workout.
    I have never done well with 6 or more little meals-I need volume!
  • rhyolite_
    rhyolite_ Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I agree with the above that this diet is not necessary for weight loss.

That being said, if eating one very large meal once a day is psychologically easier for you than smaller meals, then it will help you eat in a caloric deficit and lose weight. I've heard from others that did something like this and have been successful. Do whatever makes that calorie deficit easiest and most sustainable for you. If you try this and can't sustain it, then find something else that works for you.

On days when I am saving up for a 1,200+ meal, I will eat 2-3 very low calorie snacks in the morning/afternoon so that the hunger isn't unbearable. For me personally, while it's easy to do this occasionally for the night out or the movies, it would not be sustainable for me every day.

• ManiacalLaugh
    ManiacalLaugh Posts: 1,048 Member
    Options
    A lot of people seem to do better with IF (intermittent fasting). I have nothing against it, as it's still eating reasonably on a deficit - though it's not for me because I know I would never be able to do it long term.

If you're having trouble sticking with it, it might not be for you either. The key to success is always consistency through a sustainable plan. Is there anyway to add in a smaller meal or a few snacks so you can fit in more nutrition without being famished?
  • MFD7576
    MFD7576 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    When you mean one meal only or one meal with maybe 1 or 2 snacks in the diet?
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    A lot of people seem to do better with IF (intermittent fasting). I have nothing against it, as it's still eating reasonably on a deficit - though it's not for me because I know I would never be able to do it long term.

If you're having trouble sticking with it, it might not be for you either. The key to success is always consistency through a sustainable plan. Is there anyway to add in a smaller meal or a few snacks so you can fit in more nutrition without being famished?

This.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    Options
    I've heard of studies where mice were healthier if they got all their calories during a short time period but am not aware if this is applicable to humans as well. I'd be miserable on one meal per day, and thus not compliant, so for me it would be pointless.
  • lalainap19
    lalainap19 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    You won't stick to your diet like this you will probably binge in a week and quite. Eating one meal a day won't have any difference of eating 3 small meals a day. You will just stretch out your stomach with one large meal.
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    I couldn't do just one meal a day... two? Yes. But one would give me nausea and headaches... Are you sure you want this to be your new lifestyle? :confused:
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    Some people naturally prefer to eat bigger meals less frequently than most. If you are one of those people, you should find that this meal timing feels good and natural to you. If you are not, you will struggle with it and you should not do it.
  • Bshmerlie
    Bshmerlie Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    I've do something like this a few times a month. But I do have a 200-300 calorie breakfast and then a late lunch (1000 calories) and that's it for the rest of the day. It's not that hard to do but I don't think I could do it everyday. Some days I wake up hungry. Then what? You would literally have to starve until about 1pm. Then you'd have to go to bed early or starve again around 7 or 8pm. No that would not be fun. You should eat at whatever routine you had before....just eat smaller portions. Doing extreme things while dieting is hard to maintain
    If you were normally a one meal a day type person than it would be easy for you to maintain it. If not...you're eventually gonna break.