Very new to this. College student.

Options
I'm not for sure what to say really. I'm 18 years old and have been overweight since I was 13. It's gotten progressively worse as some things have come up through out life and such. I just want to be healthy. Not 100% sure on how to start. Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Replies

• socioseguro
    socioseguro Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    welcome to MFP
    Read these MFP post.
    These are posts that have been recommended by our community members to help you get started.
    A guide to get you started on your path to Sexypants.
    Step by step guide to losing weight with MyFitnessPal
    So you're new here...
    Acronyms and Terms for New MFP Members v. 6
    In 5 weeks you'll lose 10lbs... why is it not working?
    Some thoughts on "Starting Over"
    Why did you come to the conclusion to lose weight?
    You can find them at the "Must Read" at the beginning of this board
  • kidcuba176
    kidcuba176 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Message me if your really interested in good advice.
  • kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    Options
    kidcuba176 wrote: »

Be careful taking advice from this user, OP. He utilizes very unsafe low calorie crash diets to lose weight quickly that can be extremely harmful.

Start by reading some of the posts recommended above. Put your stats into MFP and start logging as accurately as you can. Weight loss occurs in the kitchen, but getting active is a great thing too!
  • FitnessTrainer69
    FitnessTrainer69 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Pick a weight lifting/diet plan for beginners. Track your progress and start slow.
  • mwyvr
    mwyvr Posts: 1,883 Member
    Options
    kkenseth wrote: »
    kidcuba176 wrote: »

Be careful taking advice from this user, OP.

I think that's wise advice; I've zero experience with that particular user but any *good* advice can be shared in public and withstand open scrutiny. Only someone with something to hide would suggest taking a newbie under the covers to whisper a secret solution under the guise of "good advice". Not cool.