Subway build your own sandwich tool

Options
For those not familiar, it's a tool where it calculates the amount of calories that could be on the sandwich you build based on the ingredients. See as how they are hand made by different people across the US the calorie content should be different per sandwich. So, I'm thinking I should add calories to my calorie log just to be safe. But, how much do you think I should add?

Replies

• patricia13ornelas
    Options
    I eat subway Veggie sub and with the vegs and no cheese they tell you it's 240 per 6 in, on wheat bread
    I never even thought about a tool ..even when I get the oven roasted chicken and get chipolte sauce, and cheese, its 415 cals....Subway provides a nutrition chart.....Is that what your referring too?
  • mjl54
    mjl54 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    actually for the most part they should be identical where ever you go. they have pretty strict guidelines on how much of each item goes any each sandwich.
  • amraf1024
    amraf1024 Posts: 74
    Options
    the biggest thing i worry about with subway is the sauce and that being off, i always make sure to ask for lite sauce. everything else is very calculated like how much meat and cheese to put on. As well as how many tomatoes cucumbers ect...
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    So there may be slight variations in calories based on one person putting on an extra veggie or two and your solution is to just punt and throw in some random calorie count because of this? Seriously? That's your solution?

Use the tool. It's better than not using the tool. The same goes with any other calorie count on any food. You weigh, you measure, and you do the best you can.
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    If you have to worry about the tiny details, you're over thinking. What if you climbed an extra flight of stairs that you don't normally? What if you had to walk down the block for something? Do you add these for calorie burns? No.

Estimate as close as you can and forget about it.
  • fluffykitsune
    fluffykitsune Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Honestly the estimation won't be too far off. I worked in a deli and made lots of sandwiches, and I'm guilty of putting on 2x the meat, bacon or cheese (not all of them at once!) because the sizes are PUNY! At most is 60 extra calories, you'd have to eat 58 of my sandwiches to gain one pound lol!