Hoping to lose 30 lbs. need more motivation

hey guys, I'm a 27 year old mother of 2 and I need motivation.

Replies

• AmberPeoples
    AmberPeoples Posts: 1 Member
    I'm in the same boat here. I'm 35,full-time working mom of 3. Going on vacation over Labor Day and want to fit into the bathing suits I own. Do not want to get new, bigger, ones! Need a couple of friends to keep me motivated.
  • hammond8819
    hammond8819 Posts: 4 Member
    It's hard after having kids! I am trying to set goals for myself. I was eating fast food a lot. Every time I craved French fries I get a salad now.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    imagine 30 of these

1-lb-fat-vs-muscle.jpg

get nekkid and jump up and down in front of a mirror

It's not about motivation, it's about commitment

you can do it
  • hammond8819
    hammond8819 Posts: 4 Member
    Ha! Yea I'd rather have muscle!!
  • Sued0nim
    yeah you would :bigsmile:

a46378e79756000773fcee9ba88143012390.jpg
  • Neversettle78
    Neversettle78 Posts: 206 Member
    I completely agree with rabbitjb....it isn't so much about motivation as it is about committment. The motivation comes later as you see progress.
    I saw a comment the other day that described it perfectly...it said something like "not many people have motivation to go to work on Monday morning, but they still show up"...use the same idea and make it not an option.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    how about being 40 and still carrying around that weight...that's what I did...not fun being 40 and hurting due to being over weight.

• Sued0nim
    SezxyStef wrote: »
    how about being 40 and still carrying around that weight...that's what I did...not fun being 40 and hurting due to being over weight.

or 47

still I rock being 48 :bigsmile:
  • Neversettle78
    Neversettle78 Posts: 206 Member
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    SezxyStef wrote: »

or 47

still I rock being 48 :bigsmile:

Yes you do!!
    Btw, I am a 37 year old mother of 6 & 7 year old girls. Having kids is no excuse. Also, I am a medical secretary and sit on my butt allllll day long...so can't blame job either. If you want it badly enough you make it happen no matter what.
  • stephaniedueck
    stephaniedueck Posts: 28 Member
    If you need an accountability partner, add me! I'm 26 (not a mom) and also have about 30lbs to loose. New to myfitnesspal!
  • Melthrash
    Melthrash Posts: 36 Member
    Feel free to add me.