Shakeology 3 day cleanse sans Shakeology

Options
I am trying the Shakeology 3 day cleanse, without the Shakeology cause let's face it, the stuff is expensive! Do you think I'll get the same results with just a normal protien shake?

My goal is 40 pounds in 6 months. Which I think is pretty doable. Thoughts?

Replies

• myheartsabattleground
    myheartsabattleground Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    Congrats ! You just threw your money in the shredder.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Your body cleanses itself. Save your money and eat real food.
  • Tiff1124
    Tiff1124 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I was expecting those replies :)
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    You'll likely drop 3-7 pounds of water, glycogen and waste materials (poop). Then when you go back to eating anything you'll gain it all back. There is no need to put yourself through it. You do not need to cleanse your body and it won't "jump start" weight loss.
  • barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,771 Member
    Options
    Tiff1124 wrote: »
    I am trying the Shakeology 3 day cleanse, without the Shakeology cause let's face it, the stuff is expensive! Do you think I'll get the same results with just a normal protien shake?

My goal is 40 pounds in 6 months. Which I think is pretty doable. Thoughts?

Don't put a timetable on it and you won't be engaging in such silliness. Your ticker says you're about halfway to goal. Why not continue with what has worked?
  • defatify
    defatify Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Like others have said, your goal is reasonable and can be reached through eating at a calorie deficit and getting appropriate exercise. If you feel like you need to "cleanse" or restrict your diet somehow, you should take a good look at your habits and make sure you aren't falling into disordered eating patterns. Just stay away from anything using terms like "natural, pure, clean, toxin, chemical, superfood" etc. Those are terms used for marketing based on emotional response.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    Like everyone else said,
    Eat at a deficit and you'll lose weight. There's no need for any cleanse, mlm products, and so on .
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options

Great expectations, then. :D (I loved that movie!)

Just kidding. Seriously, it's a waste of money. Your body cleanse itself naturally AND the only thing required is to eat at a calorie deficit.

I lost 44 pounds eating real food and I have been maintaining for well over a year. I just had some cashew milk chocolate peanut butter ice cream--I'm lactose intolerant, so I'm bound to non-dairy or lactose free ice cream)--and it was delicious!

I encourage you to eat real food at a calorie deficit. You can do this. :)
  • Tiff1124
    Options
    Thank you!!

• kbown
    kbown Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi Tif1124, I lost 53 lbs last year by eating a deficit of calories and exercise. It was great; however I fell completely off the wagon due to injury and multiple deaths in the family....needless to say it all came back on. I too am looking to lose about 40 to 50 lbs in the next six months.

I have just finished up the 3-Day Cleanse from Beach Body with using the shakeology (it all came in the kit). I wasn't looking to lose any weight during this cleanse, I was really looking for something to help me get back to my correct caloric intake. Where I know I will continue to lose weight. I felt that this quick 3-day program would do the trick and it has!

With that being said, I feel a whole lot better and am ready to continue my weight loss journey. I eat normal healthy foods and exercise every day. I think the key is to find what works for you. I have found that eating non processed healthy foods within a proper caloric deficit works for me. Once I got rid of the soda (Thanksgiving makes 2 years without it) and the processed foods (even most condiments) I do much better. Good luck on your journey!
  • Tiff1124
    Options
    Good job on the no soda! It has been about since February since I've had it, and I know that is where a lot of my weight loss has come from. Just those last pesky 10-15 that have me struggling. I did try the Shakeology and I wasn't very impressed. Some like it, others don't but if it worked for you, GREAT! :) I had a hard time just choking it down so I know it's not something I could maintain, especially every day.

• Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options

Because people are posting what actually happens not someone's wish looking for miracle quick weight loss