Not losing weight after over 3 months, yada yada (please help though)

Options
1235»

Replies

• happyfeetrebel1
    happyfeetrebel1 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    kkenseth wrote: »
    phfiakgtsj7r.png

Yeah, here's what I see for settings. It's good to know that the little checkbox comes and goes though, so I'll just keep checking back every now and then. I use the latest version of Chrome.

Stupid MFP. Making me into a liar. I swear it's there...

But, you can manage without it as well. At "lightly active" I have to hit 6,000 steps before I am no longer in the red. Sedentary is somewhere between 3500 and 5000 but I always err on the cautious side so Id shoot for 5,000. That's just me.

the box isn't there on the mobile app. I use Android and it wasn't there for me. I had to go to the actual desktop and check mark it there :-)
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    slinke2014 wrote: »
    LacednLace wrote: »
    So many people saying that he has to get a food scale and that they are not that expensive. I think a lot of you have never been that broke. Like you have to choose between paying your electric bill or phone bill kind of broke. Sometimes 20 bucks is all you have to get you to your next paycheck and that includes gas and food. I feel for you, dude!!! You can lose weight by measuring and eyeballing. I do it and with practice it gets easier to figure out what you are eating. I just try to overestimate my food a little and underestimate my exercise a little to give my self a buffer.

With all due respect, I have been in that position. I didn't say go out and blow rent or bill money on a scale. What I mentioned was an 8$ scale that is well worth the money whenever they can afford it. Even if that's six months from now.

Also try cutting out processed foods (its easier said than done), try to get at least 25g of fiber to help with the regular bowel movement, get plenty of water (to stay hydrated), and try switching up your nutritional or exercise routines. Sometimes something as simple as changing up your routine a little will help a lot.

I get that. It was just irking me that people were seeming to minimizing his financial struggle. Its a personal topic to me so I get a little testy about it.

Her

I actually censored my prior thoughts a bit because getting into someone's financial nitty gritty shouldn't really be my business. But since we're coming across as clueless already, I might as well go all in. The way I see it, she's got law school loans. I know a couple lawyers. They laugh at my student loans and call it pocket change. This probably has to do with choice of school and isn't every lawyer, but still. My assumption was that the OP understood certain methods of financing purchases that would be an investment in their future. It ain't a Ferrari or even excessive fast food. It's a food scale
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    JaneiR36 wrote: »
    LacednLace wrote: »
    So many people saying that he has to get a food scale and that they are not that expensive. I think a lot of you have never been that broke. Like you have to choose between paying your electric bill or phone bill kind of broke. Sometimes 20 bucks is all you have to get you to your next paycheck and that includes gas and food. I feel for you, dude!!! You can lose weight by measuring and eyeballing. I do it and with practice it gets easier to figure out what you are eating. I just try to overestimate my food a little and underestimate my exercise a little to give my self a buffer.

With all due respect, I have been in that position. I didn't say go out and blow rent or bill money on a scale. What I mentioned was an 8$ scale that is well worth the money whenever they can afford it. Even if that's six months from now.

Also try cutting out processed foods (its easier said than done), try to get at least 25g of fiber to help with the regular bowel movement, get plenty of water (to stay hydrated), and try switching up your nutritional or exercise routines. Sometimes something as simple as changing up your routine a little will help a lot.

I get that. It was just irking me that people were seeming to minimizing his financial struggle. Its a personal topic to me so I get a little testy about it.

Her

I actually censored my prior thoughts a bit because getting into someone's financial nitty gritty shouldn't really be my business. But since we're coming across as clueless already, I might as well go all in. The way I see it, she's got law school loans. I know a couple lawyers. They laugh at my student loans and call it pocket change. This probably has to do with choice of school and isn't every lawyer, but still. My assumption was that the OP understood certain methods of financing purchases that would be an investment in their future. It ain't a Ferrari or even excessive fast food. It's a food scale

:+1: