Suffering :(

Options
2»

Replies

• 85Cardinals
    85Cardinals Posts: 733 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    If you keep forgoing sweets for a while, you'll find that you don't crave them at all. This was my experience, lost all my taste for sweets in the late 90s. glgl

I used to live in College Station btw. gig em
  • crazyjerseygirl
    crazyjerseygirl Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    I know I'm late to the game but diet soda.
    No kcal, sweet as hell.
  • slideaway1
    slideaway1 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    If your hungry on a diet your doing it wrong. :(
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    slideaway1 wrote: »

I don't believe that's totally true

IME there is an adjustment, particularly early on, for most people when they begin to recognise the difference between true physiological hunger and emotional / behavioural hunger signals
  • lauracups
    lauracups Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Gain perspective, "suffering " over chocolate cake? A little first world problem drama? You won't whither and die without, and if you really feel you "need " it have it.
  • polabearbote
    polabearbote Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    It's better for you to eat what you crave than to avoid eating it. Starvating yourself is not healthy. Enjoy maybe a piece or half a piece of chocolate cake. Find chocolate cake that has low sugar content
  • Tahlia68
    Tahlia68 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    If I feel hungry I have a hot cup of white tea, no milk with half a stevia tablet! = 3 calories and takes away any hunger.
  • kjurassic
    kjurassic Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    I'm perpetually hungry. Sometimes after my workout I will go to bed. The before-bed ritual includes brushing teeth and nothing tastes good right after you brush! I also repeat the mantra "if you're not feeling a little hungry it's not working" - be brave, don't cave...you'll be glad next time you step on the scale. :)
  • Songlark
    Songlark Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Try drinking water instead. I try to stick to 3 meals a day, and 2 snacktimes (elevenses and tea time) and if I get hungry in between those, I grab a glass of 250ml water. That way I can add another glass to my tracker. One of my issues is I don't register thirst. I'm guessing it got confused with hungry.

Plus being hungry shouldn't be scary. As an adult, I know I got into the habit of eating whenever I felt it, regardless of the time of day, but now I am scheduling meals for our kids, I need to follow suit, or be a hypocrite.

Hope this helps :)
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    slideaway1 wrote: »

rubbish….
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    OP - raise your deficit from 2 pound per week loss to one pund that will give you an extra 500 calories a day ..you don't have to eat all them back every day but it will give you more foods to eat.

if you are truly starving then your body is trying to tell you something.

dieting does not have to equal misery
  • MGarcia0504
    MGarcia0504 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    When I first restricted myself to a 1200 calorie diet, I felt hungry all the time. There were times I felt like my face was sinking in. It was crazy but it showed me how much I was eating before compared to what I was supposed to be eating. Whenever I'd crave something sweet, I would turn to fruit. If I had the extra calories I'd even put in some peanut butter depending on the fruit and it would help me out of the craving.
  • Timorous_Beastie
    Timorous_Beastie Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Not much you can do when you're out of groceries, except plan for next time.

Be sure to include some tasty snacks that won't kill your calorie budget. Like strawberries... you can have about 250 grams of strawberries (pretty much a big bowl) for the same amount of calories as one little pouch of fruit snacks. Squirt a little Reddi-Whip on top and you've got a full blown dessert.

Pay attention to portion sizes. A serving of most ice cream is only about 150 calories per serving, but unless you're weighing it, it can be easy to have two or three servings at a time. (*gives husband side-eye*) Sometimes buying something like individually wrapped ice cream sandwiches is an easier way to limit portions.

For a chocolate fix, Quaker 90 calorie chocolate chip chewy granola bars are pretty good. For a little more calories, you can get protein or fiber bars with more nutritional content, but for a little something sweet to tide you over, the Quaker bars are (sometimes) more satisfying than two little "fun sized" candy bars or 90 calories in M&Ms.

Plan your food diary ahead of time. This can give you room to include a nighttime snack.

If you stick with a 2 pound a week goal, remember that it's 1000 calories below your maintenance. You're not failing if you go over. Go over by 100 calories, you're still 900 calories under. Even if you go over by 250 calories a day, every day, you'll still lose 1.5 lbs that week instead of 2.

If seeing the red numbers bothers you, switch to a 1.5 pound a week goal. It's still a good weekly rate. Personally, I like to have my calories set about 100 calories higher so I don't get the red numbers. It's silly, but it's what works for me. I know logically, there's not going to be any difference if I'm over by 10 calories, but I'd rather see that I'm under by 90.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,215 Member
    Options
    Just about the whole time while losing the 15 kg I wanted to lose, I was a little bit hungry. But feeling a little bit hungry is a good thing ... much better than feeling stuffed full.