Fell off for 2.5 months! Starting over!

Options
abel_teklai
abel_teklai Posts: 24 Member
Hey all,

I'm technically not new but I'm starting my fitness journey all over again...After 2 months of dedication to the gym and a couple of weeks of hitting my calorie goal for weight loss, I only lost 5 pounds. I got discouraged and after a vacation I plummeted into my old habits full force..Now after 2.5 months of eating all the fast food and junk you can imagine and not exercising I've gained the 5pounds back plus an additional 3...I guess I let the slow to little progress at first beat me up till I just gave in to the comfortable life again...Now after battling to quit smoking I want to be fully healthy and just do it to feel healthy. If I don't lose weight it won't matter, I'm doing it to BE healthier. At some point the weight loss will come if I just make it a lifestyle right? Or maybe I'm doing something wrong? one thing I soon learned after was that cheat MEALS are ok but not a full cheat day. Is a whole cheat day so damaging that it erases a weeks worth of dieting and exercise?? Or were there other steps I was missing? Thanks....I won't quit this time and I'm looking for all the support I can get, add me! :)

Replies

• newblue95
    newblue95 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I totally understand where you're coming from. I first tried MFP 2 years ago, and I just came back to it. I know how discouraging it can be to track everything and not see the results as expected. But the point is to keep going and make healthy choices because weight loss isn't linear! You've made a great decision in coming back to MFP! Good luck!
    In my experience, cheat days can be SUPER damaging or not that bad. It depends what you eat that day, the days before, and the days after.
    For instance, last week I was 1,500 calories under my weekly goal, so when I went to the movies on Saturday and had 600 calories of reese's pieces and 300 calories of Twizzlers, it wasn't that bad. You can "bank" calories for future use. Like if you have a dinner or party coming up and you know you'll want to cheat, you can go under your calorie goal by 200-300 calories for the few days before. And then you can go a little over. If you undereat one day, you can overeat or cheat the next. But I wouldn't make it a regular practice.
    Good luck!
  • AA1ex
    AA1ex Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I have been using MFP for 5 years and it works if you keep at it! That's obviously harder to do than to say it and that's why I still use it. Last year I thought I could control myself without logging, but have gained almost all my weight back. So I understand challenges and a lot of the weight loss stuff is figuring out what works for you. Try something for a week or a month like high fat/low carb or vise versa. In the note section use it as a journal for feelings and non scale victories (NSV). Feel free to add me. Good luck!
  • abel_teklai
    abel_teklai Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I know this is late but thanks for the support guys! I just friend requested yall btw :)