Let's lose ten pounds !

Options
13»

Replies

• Hjones2889
    Hjones2889 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    tipiwi wrote: »
    It's day one for me! The tough part is that I have no close by friend to go to the gym with me, but tons of them for fun dinners and drinks... I need to feel pushed and committed and I hope getting to know people here will help ;)

I feel the same. All my hometown friends want to party and I just want to go to the gym and eat healthy things....and shop!
  • Auube
    Auube Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Low fat vs low carb. Which is more sustainable.
  • lagoscarrie
    lagoscarrie Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Yikes! I've been out of pocket--and will disappear again at the end of the week. The bad news is that losing weight while traveling is VERY hard. The good news is that I haven't piled any more on! I'm still sitting four pounds over what I'd like to be, but feeling very good about my body. I'm home now for a few days and it feels like a luxury to be able to run my favorite trail run. My legs are burning this morning and I love it! I'm sending positive vibes your way. My favorite super low-cal foods right now are cantaloupe and steamed carrots! (Lots of orange, I know.) What are yours?
  • lagoscarrie
    Options
    Back again! And I am finished traveling for a while. No good news in the weight department. My travels consisted of eating lots of desserts, drinking lots of wine, and getting some--but not nearly enough exercise. I am finally home and back at it! My current favorite foods are summer squash sauteed with onion and mushrooms (and really anything else). It is a great combination! Hope everyone is doing well. :)
  • lagoscarrie
    Options
    Hey! My latest hack: cut the oil WAY back. Last night I sauteed a huge pan of onions, summer squash, mushrooms, and spinach in a nonstick wok in 1/4 tsp. olive oil and it was terrific. I added some freshly ground pepper, crushed garlic, and a little salt--Voila! Nothing else needed and SO good. From now on I am an oil minimalist!
  • lagoscarrie
    Options
    Hey! What's happened to my "Let's Lose 10 Pounds" people! I'm still working on it: seven down, three to go! I hope you are all doing well.
  • Auube
    Options
    Wao... that's good diet hacks right there.
    Ig of fat is 9kcal and it's 4 each for carbs and protein. So, less oil, less calories.
    I seem to be stuck. I cut down on my cals as I wasn't losing. But, now I just have less energy for a vigorous workout.
    So, thinking about sticking to 2 days a week with stregth and lil cardio a
  • Auube
    Options
    As for me... I've lost only 2 ...okay maybe 3 ..7 more to go still
  • lagoscarrie
    Options
    I cut down on my cals as I wasn't losing. But, now I just have less energy for a vigorous workout.
    Have you looked at the nutrition reports to see if you were coming up short? I just recently discovered how many good reports MFP to analyze how I am doing from a nutrition standpoint. I've found with super "dense" foods, I can keep my numbers good even with fewer calories.