Getting started ... again x.x

Hey all I'm Brit and I'm starting out on this again ... I used to try to get fit when I was deployed but that didn't really happen. So I'm out of the military and into a security job. Not bad but there is a lot of patrolling the huge buildings ... so my question is how do i best measure the amount of walking I do on my patrols? The building I'm currently at has 6 floors, yes I walk up and down the stairs, and each floor I have to walk the perimeter while checking certain rooms. the other building is only 4 floors but much wider so the floor patroling is a lot more square footage. It's roughly a 40 min patrol give or take a few mins depending if I have to come back down to help a employee out or something at the desk ... Any help would be nice and welcomed. :smiley:

Replies

• bunnywestley81
    bunnywestley81 Posts: 178 Member
    Because my job is in a lab there is wandering about and paperwork. The amount of each changes depending on what needs doing so I bought me a Up Move, it links with MFP, tracks your steps, you can tell it when you are exercising (although mine does ask me if I was exercising if I forget to tell it) and it adds the calories onto MFP for you.

A decent pedometer could tell you how far you're going and probably be cheaper. I got the Move as it tracks sleep, something which I don't do awesomely.

Don't know if an app like Map my Walk/Run/Whatever would be much good.

I'd be wary of eating all the calories back however.

What have you set your activity as? Setting to Active might be better and should account for any calories you're expending while at work...
  • spazzticrayne
    spazzticrayne Posts: 5 Member
    I can't remember what I set my activity level to I think it was the seeecond one >.> I don't remember ...

It's not that I eat the calories back I can't even get my calorie intake to the level it needs to be I just don't really eat. And now that finances are out of wack I can't get the right foods into the house if any at all til the problem is fixed so it's pb and j's for me and the house mates.

I do need something to track my sleep cause i know I don't get as much as I need and it will probably yell at me when I get something. I do like that Up Move thing it yells at you when you don't tell it your exercising which is something I would forget a lot heh ... thanks for the reply I'm already slacking at trying to fix myself haha X.x