PiYo

Options
Hey everyone! I would love to hear from those who have tried piyo by beachbody!? I want something that is a great workout and trains your entire body. Also I want to work on my flexibility because mine is terrible. However I am so uncordinated that I don't want to be so lost I can't keep up and effectively do the workouts. I would love to hear what you guys think about it!

Replies

• peachcheeks2000
    peachcheeks2000 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    3w02syf8hhit.jpg

Hey, I am on Day 30 of Piyo. I hated it, at first, true story. I actually semi-like it now, I just want to finish strong and not give up cuz if your not first your last :wink: Some Ricky Bobby there for you. These are my real 30 day results, I do not see much of a difference but the fact that I look bigger .... :neutral: (First time posting a picture, all photos on the left are day 1 all photos on the right are day 30). I ate well except a few times and most people who do Piyo don't lose a lot of weight. Personally I'm not super impressed but I do feel stronger and its a start for me and it might be just the start for you!
  • jms870815
    jms870815 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I love PiYo! I'm also very uncoordinated. In the beginning I would have to modify at times and use a chair for balance. However, I was amazed at how strong and more flexible my whole body was after the 2 month schedule. It's definitely worth it to go through the program!
  • deepsubmerge
    deepsubmerge Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm also very uncoordinated. I found PiYo to be easy to follow, but I've participated in yoga for years, so a lot of the moves were familiar.

It helped to tone and smooth out parts of my bodies, and I definitely felt a difference in strength and flexibility after a month. I can go fairly deep into Warrior 3, for instance.

All in all, I really like it.
  • courtneymarie02323
    courtneymarie02323 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I just ordered it! Hope I like it !
  • dmt4641
    dmt4641 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    No to be a downer but I didn't love the PiYo dvds. I took live piyo classes at the gym before the dvds came out and the intensity of the dvds is no where near the level in the live class. Maybe that is a positive thing for others. What I loved about that class was that I felt like I got cardio, strength and flexibility all in one class. I got a lot less cardio and also less strength in the dvds than the class.
  • cocnuts
    cocnuts Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    dmt4641 wrote: »
    No to be a downer but I didn't love the PiYo dvds. I took live piyo classes at the gym before the dvds came out and the intensity of the dvds is no where near the level in the live class. Maybe that is a positive thing for others. What I loved about that class was that I felt like I got cardio, strength and flexibility all in one class. I got a lot less cardio and also less strength in the dvds than the class.

I second this, although I only tried it doing one DVD. It felt to me like too much talking and explaining the positions but little workout.

I went instead for the Ultimate Yogi, and I'm loving it. It is intense but rewarding. If I can do it in terms of coordination, everyone can. The instruction is great, but it's done in the middle of the poses, so you are not pausing in between them. And if you don't do it as well as you could have, next time you do the same practice (usually 7 days later), you can try to improve it or listen more carefully.