11 pounds down in six weeks!

Options
Monklady123
Monklady123 Posts: 512 Member
edited July 2015 in Success Stories
Six weeks, almost 12 pounds. :smile: I have my settings for a 2 lb/week loss figuring that I might not stay within that calorie limit but that I'd try. But if I didn't and ate a few more calories than I should for the 2 lb loss I'd still lose something. I am determined to do this slowly so it's sustainable.

I've had a few "duh" moments (as my kids would say, lol) along the way. Like my morning coffee...Not giving that up, but what I realized was that I was using a HUGE mug and having two of those, which of course meant more creamer. By simply using a smaller mug I've cut down quite a lot on creamer. Psychologically I'm still having two cups but it's fewer calories. I know, I know...I could have just had one of the huge mugs, but I have this morning routine -- first cup is the wake up cup while surfing the internet. Second cup is for other morning stuff -- making lunch if I'm working, setting out the day's to-do list, etc. Mustn't mess with routine. lol :fearful:

Also, I was drinking an awful lot of calories. omg... wine, juice, juice cooler, etc. Cut all that out and have just a gin and tonic (because it's blazing hot outside that a nice G&T goes with hot weather) with diet tonic in the evening. Drink water (except for that coffee) for the rest of the day. Boom, tons of calories gone, leaving room for actual food that I can chew. lol

Also, preplanning the day so there are no surprises later on. So if I know I'm going to be eating out or eating something with lots of calories for dinner I plan out lunch to be a huge salad with some form of protein in it, very low calorie.

And, NO CEREAL FOR BREAKFAST! lolol One bowl of cereal with skim milk would leave me shaky-hungry a couple hours later and I'd eat everything in sight. Simply by having protein for breakfast -- maybe an omelet with lots of veggies, or leftover rotisserie chicken like I had this morning -- means I'm not hungry till lunch and even then it's an ordinary hunger, not a ravenous hunger. I can still have my cereal sometimes, but I weigh it carefully and have it for an afternoon snack in smaller quantities.

Well, all those little things are obvious really, but they're what I've realized so far for me. Almost 12 pounds lost, maybe 30 more to go. Not sure on that, I'll wait till I see my doctor in September and go by what she says. :)

Replies

• mpeters1965
    mpeters1965 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    You have not only lost 11 pounds but you have gained so much knowledge! Good job and good luck with the rest of your journey.
  • rebeccaEsmith
    rebeccaEsmith Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Good job keep up the good work
  • DuckReconMajor
    DuckReconMajor Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I know, I know...I could have just had one of the huge mugs, but I have this morning routine
    haha nah I would have just said learn to love black coffee then drink 3 mugs :smile:

A lot of the bit of success i've had over the years is almost exclusively drinking drinks with no calories, and drinking lower calorie drinks when I started drinking alcohol. Sounds like you've had success with that too.

Also +1 to what mpeters said.
  • Monklady123
    Options
    I know, I know...I could have just had one of the huge mugs, but I have this morning routine
    haha nah I would have just said learn to love black coffee then drink 3 mugs :smile:

A lot of the bit of success i've had over the years is almost exclusively drinking drinks with no calories, and drinking lower calorie drinks when I started drinking alcohol. Sounds like you've had success with that too.

I know... I've tried and tried to like black coffee. I just can't... :expressionless: I am planning to try cutting back on the creamer though, but not all the way to black.
  • CalPolyBronco
    CalPolyBronco Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Great job! I have also lost 11 lbs in the last few weeks. :) Cheers to moving in the right direction!
  • faurotann
    faurotann Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    And so have I. Started June 1st and I'm down 11 pounds. It almost scares me.
  • Livgetfit
    Livgetfit Posts: 352 Member
    Options

I know... I've tried and tried to like black coffee. I just can't... :expressionless: I am planning to try cutting back on the creamer though, but not all the way to black.

Try almond milk instead perhaps? Low in calories and delicious (unlike soy!)

CONGRATS!
  • Monklady123
    Options
    Livgetfit wrote: »

Try almond milk instead perhaps? Low in calories and delicious (unlike soy!)

CONGRATS!

Good idea. Also another friend suggested unsweetened vanilla coconut milk. I recently bought some of that just on a whim and I've been using a little bit of it for my cereal. Never thought to put it in my coffee! rofl at me... :lol:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!