Overnight shift tips?

Options
Just curious if anyone can help me with this, I work the over night shift, 3rd watch any tips on keeping track of meals. I pretty much log it by date not necessarily in breakfast lunch dinner order.

Replies

• karensdream
    karensdream Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I mainly log by Meal 1, Meal 2, Meal 3, and snack 1 , 2, 3 and leave it at that. I generally log from whenever I get up until I go to bed, ie: first meal noon, second meal around 5pm, snacks during the evening, third meal about 1am. Then when I get home in the morning, I will eat before I go to bed, and count it as meal 1 for that day, etc. IDK, it seems to work for me. I work from 7pm-7am.
  • grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,153 Member
    Options
    For my own sanity, I log based on the day I ate rather than the order of meals. I eat dinner at 9 am, breakfast at 5pm and lunch just after midnight. Logging based on calendar day rather than wake/sleep day keeps me from having to navigate between several days on MFP when it automatically switches days at midnight eastern time. It doesn't matter too much, as long as you're consistent.
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    I work 3rd shift too. I log anything I eat in 24hr period. I eat dinner @ 4am so that's when I log it.
  • Amerielle
    Amerielle Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I don't worry about naming my meals, I just log wherever. I also count a day's eating as "awake" time, no matter when that is. I work 7p-7:30a so I will have times such as my first shift of the week when I'm awake for 24 hours or so and then my last shift when I go to bed after work, get up around 3 and then am back to bed about 10 hoping to flip back to daytime hours so I'm only awake 7 hours. Makes for some bigger days and smaller days but I figure it works out in the end. Not what most people seem to do but it works for me!