Just need encouragement trying to lose 50 pounds

Options
ive alwsys had a hard time having goals but I'm gaining weight again and I need stay on track I use to be 272 but dropped to 240 after my divorce now im at 250 and even though I've been lifting weights the weight has got to drop! My goal is 200 but to be honest my eating hasn't been the healthiest. I could use some friends for encouragement or even some advice to keep the fat kid inside me locked behind bars forever . - Thanks Sincerly Justin Whinery

Replies

• airuhka2006
    airuhka2006 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hi Justin! I am also trying to lose 50 pounds, I suffer from PCOS and I am pretty active... Eating is my biggest, downfall. I started on Saturday at 243 and my goal weight is 185 pounds. I am hoping to learn how to build more muscle and for this to be a lifestyle change for both my boyfriend and I. I have stopped drinking anything that contains high sugar...it was a minor change but I can already start to feel the difference.
  • whineryjnw
    whineryjnw Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm going to try no fast food and no soda or sweets for awhile for my first step good luck with you guys
  • JanelleG0122
    JanelleG0122 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    My advice for you is to not completely cut out the foods your enjoy from your food consumption! If you stay within your calorie goal it truly doesn't matter what you eat. I am consistently losing and to be honest I eat whatever I want. Have a soda here and there and a cookie if it fits into my daily allowance. Calories in verse calories out, it doesn't matter what those calories come from.
  • awe_megatron
    awe_megatron Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Honestly I have no advice because I am trying to do about the same thing. I am starting 10 pounds at a time, because I want to make small changes then work my way up.
  • HeddySK
    HeddySK Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I gave up the soda, I feel sooooo much better. I was a Pepsiaholic. Don't miss it now, took two tries but once I made it past 30 days, much easier. I drink tea now. I just started here. Could use support myself. I'm trying to cut out one thing at a time. So many food allergies, drives me crazy!
  • kayakrage
    kayakrage Posts: 3 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    You can do it!! You're always going to have outside influences but really focus at home first clean everything out if you know it will be a problem. I'm an out of sight out of mind type so I can't have stuff in the house that I know I will snack on. That being said the more you eat the good foods the more your body craves them. The fact that your here dealing with it means you have the will to do this. Keep it up!
  • mabernier
    mabernier Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I'm working on my third round of losing 50 pounds...ie gain it in college, lose it, gain it, lose it, gain it. At least I know how to lose it...what I have learned over my multiple attempts is that I personally cannot go without. I need to alter what I take in...ie instead of chocolate bars I know eat homemade fruit popsicles that I make with strawberries and lime juice or other types of fruit. So I do keep unhealthy snacks out of the house, but I try to give myself a better alternative. I wish you well with your journey! I'm trying to lose about 24 this time. My goal is to get to normal BMI. That's it...no specific size, no specific weight...
  • FitnessTrainer69
    FitnessTrainer69 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Self confidence, health, looking good naked, women:), How many more you need?
  • SlimTiffany
    SlimTiffany Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello, Name is Tiffany and I have had a constant battle with weight gain. I need to lose the weight but I am just not pumped or excited, I just want to change without putting in any work. I hope that with myfitness pal and tons of encouragement I can succeed. Good luck to you all and I know we have it in us to go all the way.
  • hotnumber
    hotnumber Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Hey you....PUT DOWN THAT COOKIE! When I started losing weight, what really helped me was this: whenever i reached for a cupcake or chocolate or soda, I would ask myself " what's more important to me right now? The cupcake? Or losing the weight and reaching my goals?" And (honestly) 90% of the time I would make something healthier. I am 30 lbs lighter and I still struggle to eat healthier, but I don't give up on those days that I give in to temptation.. Just make up for it by exercising afterwards. Your goal is not an easy one, but there are LOTS of people here who have lost more than 100 pounds and managed to keep it off. Good luck!!