Macro's seem a bit out??

Options
Hey all,

I've never counted macro's before, but I have tracked calories. I've just eaten sensibly (probably a roughly even split between carbs, fats and protein).

I've just calculated my macros as the following:

TDEE: 2589
BMR: 1883

Fat loss aim is 2071 calories a day made up of the following:

239 grams of Carbs
156 grams of Protein
68 grams of Fat

Now this is yesterday's diet, an example of a normal day for me:

Breakfast: 2 eggs and two toast with pb
Mid morning: PHD whey
Lunch: rice, mince, strawberries and grapes
Mid afternoon: oats biscuit/banana
Cardio: 30 min run and 30 min elliptical (weights on other days)
Evening: Two fish cakes with salad

Now this day gives me the following macro's from myfitnesspal:

158 grams of Carbs
98 grams of Protein
68 grams of Fat

So according to macro's for fat loss I need to eat 58 grams more of protein and 81 grams more of carbs.

So finally:

Basically my question here is to lose fat should I eat another 4.5 eggs a day and two pieces of toast?? which seems a lot of protein, considering I've had eggs, mince and protein shake that day already...

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Calories>macros when it comes to fat loss. Macros = satiety, energy, muscle retention, hormone regulation, etc..

how much do you weigh? What is your training routine?
  • simmondsjon
    simmondsjon Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Age 28, 89KG or 196lbs, 5ft 11in

Cardio 3 times a week, as above (may add a row). Following a basic weight lifting program, split between pulling/pushing and leg days 3 times a week.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Honestly, i tend to focus on calories first and then protein. So find something you enjoy eating and go for it.

If you just worked out, you can always have a protein shake. If you need additional calories, I would add milk. But calories will control the fat loss. Protein will help maintain your muscle and carbs help with recovery.