27F - let's support each other!

Options
mal2v10
mal2v10 Posts: 6 Member
Hi all! I'm 27 years old and just finished an extremely stressful five years for a PhD. Now that I'm finally free and getting started in the 'real world,' I'm looking to lose the grad school 30 and would love to add some new friends for mutual support!

I've struggled with anxiety issues for years, so now my new goal is to make myself a priority and work on new strategies for de-stressing (that don't involve food). Any advice/pointers for tackling emotional eating? Please feel free to add me, let's motivate each other! =)

Replies

• JanelleG0122
    JanelleG0122 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Also 27 years old and ready to tackle my health before it becomes harder to do so! Add me if you so choose. Wouldlove to help motivate and encourage.

I personally have never been a big emotional eater, but from what others have said. You need to find another outlook when you get upset/angry/hurt. Some people go to the gym, others write in a journal. I personally write in a journal, if I feel like I want to eat, i'll brush my teeth so I have the toothpaste taste in my mouth which then makes me not want to eat.