Fell off the wagon

claraoswold
claraoswold Posts: 89 Member
So I fell off the wagon, want to get back on.

I don't know what "activity level" to use. My summer job (internship) has me walking 6-10 miles a day, but beyond that I get home and kinda pass out.

Decided to cut back on processed foods (not cut out yet, wean off gradually). Looking for meal ideas I can take with me that won't wilt in my backpack during the day (it's in a truck while I work, so not too hot, but no fridge).

Also what is with dried fruit being so calorie dense? I put some on my salad to help with the yum factor, but was shocked to see how many calories it added.

Replies

• lisajahn3
    lisajahn3 Posts: 35 Member
    Hi! Friend me and join our small group on here! We can give you ideas and most important support.

Doing some cardio and resistance training in addition to your walking would be helpful. As well as meal planning to be in control of food and stay away from process foods while still feeling full and satisfied. I could share some good recipes if you like. Foods high in protein will give the full, satisfied feeling and a balance of carbohydrates will help your energy levels.

Dried fruit is calorie dense because fruit in itself is loaded with carbs including sugar. When you choose dried fruit, a handful of banana chips may equal 3 bananas. It is fruit in shrunken form. There are other options for salads I could share with you too. Have you ever tried balsamic vinegar on your salad or some mozzarella cheese or parmesan cheese?

I look forward to talking to you more!

Lisa
  • Winterlover123
    Winterlover123 Posts: 352 Member
    Hello! I am on ever day and am an active support for my friends by liking and commenting on their statuses. If you are willing to do the same, please add me with a little message about yourself. No I am not a coach or trying to sell something :) Thanks!
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    edited July 2015
    Dried fruit is just fruit with the water removed so it's more calorie dense as well as being high in sugar. You definitely want to use it in moderation.

I have a great insulated fabric lunchbox that came with a freezer pack that I use for my lunches. It allows me to bring almost anything I want to work without worrying about it spoiling, wilting, melting, etc. You might look into getting one for yourself. It's 100°+ here almost every day this time of year, with little cloud cover, so keeping anything in a car for a few hours is pretty much out of the question, otherwise.
  • claraoswold
    claraoswold Posts: 89 Member
    Might want to mention the truck is running, so it's about 80 in the truck. Not horrible, but not someplace I would keep milk.