just to say this...

Options
After a really good 6 months of diet and exercise. the last three months have been pretty crappy and I've regained about 10-12 lbs. Work trips, kid stuff, vacation, etc. I'm off track, back to old habits, and having a hard time getting back on track. Not really looking for advice, I guess this post is just publicly admitting that i'm having a hard time.

Replies

• Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    Admitting it is a good first step.
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    It happens to all of us at some point. All you can do is decide to take care of yourself and go back to the good habits with logging and movement. Don't beat yourself up about it, just start with the next meal or chance to take a walk and get going again.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Who doesn't have setbacks? Find me someone who spent a long time accomplishing a difficult thing and never had a setback...I'll find you a liar.

Forget the setback, move on. Your back in the game, keep playing to win. :)
  • soapsandropes
    soapsandropes Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    You had a rough patch. Dust yourself off and get back on track, you can do it. I always find that finding my way back to good habits helps take some of that guilt pressure off of my mind.
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    I go through those patches a couple times a year. It makes it hard to move forward.
  • sunshyncatra
    sunshyncatra Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    Forgive yourself and move forward one day at a time.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    You're getting back on the wagon before things went too far. Good for you! Not many people do that.
  • All1971
    All1971 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the kind words everybody. I packed my gym bag this morning and I'm headed there now. I'll take a small victory for today.
  • ASKyle
    ASKyle Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    A day at a time! The time will pass anyway.
  • Gska17
    Gska17 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    I definitely go through huge slumps. For example, I've lost all motivation to run and suspect I'll be walking the majority of next week's 5K. I feel horribly guilty and sad but have to keep in mind it's temporary...like your situation.

Welcome back! :)
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    All1971 wrote: »
    Thanks for the kind words everybody. I packed my gym bag this morning and I'm headed there now. I'll take a small victory for today.
    Small victories build large ones.

Right now, I am losing two pounds. I've been losing these two pounds for a couple weeks. They're being very stubborn. They're kind of pissing me off, actually. But when they come off, I will have gone from up at the top of Class II Obesity to a Normal BMI. And all along the way, the goals have been small ones. :)