Food ideas for fast food junky who needs help getting started

Options
2»

Replies

• dubird
    dubird Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    I eat fast food too, but in moderation

But i also make my own fries and potato wedgies in the oven ( so no oil use at all) nice and crispy.
    Make my own burgers and chicken fry's etc. I make a very nice pizza ( and not with cauliflower crust) But real pizza with fresh made tomato paste, fresh Italian herbs and spices, 4 kind of cheese and chicken for me ( hubby get sausage meat) Olives peppers etc. Yummie and only around 600 calories for the whole pizza ( which i eat in parts)

Make my own crisps too, all kind of spices.
    So besides a pretty balanced diet and making my own options i eat also out at restaurants and fast food chains. But moderation is the key.
    Keep counting and planning and knowing how much i get helped me losing weight.

It's actually not so much the oil that adds calories to frying things. It's not good to load up on oil for other reasons, but I've noticed that the regular chips and the baked chips don't differ a lot in calories. Not that I want to discourage you, baked wedges are awesome! And I found a recipe for a pizza crust that uses chicken and cheese for a very low-carb option (for my husband). It doesn't crisp up like regular crust, but we don't care because we end up with a pile of meat and it's super special awesome!
  • wearmi1
    wearmi1 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I eat kids meals, they satisfy that need for fast food and fill me up just enough. I don't need to be stuffed just need my hunger to go away. I also get the yogurt or apple slices they offer with kids meals and get non-sweetened ice tea. Good to go with minimal calories but a craving satisfied.
  • ablalock0712
    ablalock0712 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thank you all