Losing weight

Options
How often do everyone weigh in? I've started 5 days ago... Will it be alright to log in what I have lost already.

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    You can weigh in as often as you'd like. Everyone chooses their own frequency and there is no wrong answer.
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    I weigh in everyday and log it on my app Happy Scale. That said, if you're going to be upset with the scale if it doesn't go down (and trust me, it will not always go down! it may even go up) then I don't suggest weighing every day.
  • galgenstrick
    galgenstrick Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    The method I like to do is weigh every day, then take the average of the week. Do that every week and compare with the average from the previous week. This smooths out any bad weigh ins if there are any.
  • DuckReconMajor
    DuckReconMajor Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Just got my withings wifi scale, so all the work is done for me now, yay

I am the outlier around here as I enjoy stepping on the scale to see how it fluctuates throughout the day, depending on what i eat, and what i, ahem, get rid of, etc. So usually multiple times a day, but I don't freak out about it. I would use different methods to get a trend over the month from the data but now that i have the withings scale i can use http://trendweight.com
  • sbranch38
    sbranch38 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone
  • flamingblades
    flamingblades Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I can't find a home scale that is worth the money spent on it. I tried that route 3 times...never again.
    I weigh at my doctors office on a digital scale that is maintained and calibrated monthly, so I trust it more. I also might use the old fashioned "move the weight up or down the rail" scale at the gym. It isn't digital, so it may actually be more accurate. I get a little obsessive with the scale, so this is perfect for me. I weigh myself once a month, but I haven't logged it in a long while.