Looking for support

Options
Basically im 25 and have weighed 60kg for honestly years no matter what i try, i moved to take a new job and have become cut off from my old life :( so i joined a gym an my p/t (personal trainer) said i am to eat 2600 callories a day and 150g of protein, this is really hard i have no idea how to achieve this without having to spend my whole spare time Preparing and eating food (btw my metabolism is stupidly high) everyone laughs when i say its a genuine problem and leaves me like wtf! How is not a problem, i hate being skinny like seriously hate it! Does anyone else experience this? So much help for overweight people diets ect wheres the support for ectomorphs!

Replies

• Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    You are eating too much protein but such is bro science and a PT should not be prescribing a diet unless they are a dietitian. You can start at 2600 calories but then move up 100 calories per week until you start gaining. If you have issues eating that many calories than you should add in foods with more caloric density. If you are afraid of "junk" food then go for things such as nuts, peanut butter, oils, whole grains and starchy vegetables. If you don't mind some more processed foods then you can add in ice cream, chips, fries, burgers, etc to bring up your calories without filling you up as much. However, definitely make sure that your basic diet covers all your macro and micro nutrients.

ETA: can I assume that you are eating a lot of whole foods like chicken, sweet potatoes, broccoli and brown rice? If so the guy has you on a bro food diet and you should ignore it unless you are on a cut.
  • FitnessTrainer69
    FitnessTrainer69 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    You are eating too much protein but such is bro science and a PT should not be prescribing a diet unless they are a dietitian. You can start at 2600 calories but then move up 100 calories per week until you start gaining. If you have issues eating that many calories than you should add in foods with more caloric density. If you are afraid of "junk" food then go for things such as nuts, peanut butter, oils, whole grains and starchy vegetables. If you don't mind some more processed foods then you can add in ice cream, chips, fries, burgers, etc to bring up your calories without filling you up as much. However, definitely make sure that your basic diet covers all your macro and micro nutrients.

ETA: can I assume that you are eating a lot of whole foods like chicken, sweet potatoes, broccoli and brown rice? If so the guy has you on a bro food diet and you should ignore it unless you are on a cut.

Good advice here. Stay off the "Bro diet" unless your wanting to stay/start leaning out. Otherwise your going to have a hard time consuming and digesting that amount of food to hit your daily calorie goal.
  • your_maw
    your_maw Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey thanks for the advice guys, yeah i try and eat alot of chicken and whole meal foods ect also making sure water replaces all fizzy juice :) can i ask do protien shakes aimed at mass gaining work? Im a bit unsure of them atm?
  • your_maw
    your_maw Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey thanks for the advice guys, yeah i try and eat alot of chicken and whole meal foods ect also making sure water replaces all fizzy juice :) can i ask do protien shakes aimed at mass gaining work? Im a bit unsure of them atm?
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options

cosign
  • ndj1979
    Options
    your_maw wrote: »

you can do the shakes but i prefer to eat actual food…..
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options

you could- but quiet honestly a couple of scoops of ice cream and some crumbled up oreos with a big glass of 2% or full fat milk is way better than a shake. IMHO

I cosign what @Wheelhouse15 said
  • ndj1979
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »

you could- but quiet honestly a couple of scoops of ice cream and some crumbled up oreos with a big glass of 2% or full fat milk is way better than a shake. IMHO

i will take six oreos and a glass of milk over a mass gainer shake any day of the week!
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    JoRocka wrote: »

i will take six oreos and a glass of milk over a mass gainer shake any day of the week!

you know that's right!!!!
  • CrisitaBenitez
    CrisitaBenitez Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem... I am 30 years old and I currently weigh 84lbs. I've been like this all my life. I eat a lot too! My family is very thin. I get tested to make sure I don't have any thyroid issues every 3 months.