Loosing A lot of Weight!!

Options
I am wanting to loose a lot of weight in a period of three months. How much weight can a person potentially loose in three months?? What are some things I should do (other than diet and exercise) to loose the maximum amount???

Replies

• IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    Read the stickies - THEY'RE THERE FOR A REASON AND THEY'RE GOOD AT INFORMING PEOPLE.

OP, give us your stats. Without them, we can't really give you much information.

How much is a lot of weight? That's a very relative term; for me a lot of weight is 5lb's a month, for someone else who is bigger it could be 10lb's a month.

Remember that weight comes down to fat, muscle and water weight. You want to lose a lot of weight in a short amount of time? You'll probably lose some muscle too.
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    Depending on how much you have to lose, you could probably lose between 10-20 lbs and that's only if you're consistently eating in a deficit every single day and even then you might not lose a whole lot.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options
    You didn't gain that 66 pounds in 3 months, don't set yourself up for failure. Eat at a deficit, learn moderation and you'll lose.
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    Why the rush? As has been already said, how much you can lose depends on how much you have to lose.

Trying to lose weight quickly means losing more muscle mass than if you had lost the same amount of weight slowly.

I'm not personally a fan of that idea, but it's your body. I'd rather lose fat, not muscle.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    So you are 21 female and have 66 to lose.
    My impression is that you will be unrealistic and impatient about the amount you cna lose, then get frustrated and heartbroken. How much you lose will depend partly on the calorific deficit you create and your ability to be consistent. You are looking in the region of 1-2lb a week so 12-24lb in those three months, but its all down to you.